We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Agent

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Agent

Hi everybody,

After planning, thinking and speaking to, we are doubting to hire the services of 3 different travel agents. Could you please help us decide , with your opinions and experiences.

The agents are;

Myanmar Delight

Myanmar Shalom

Kyaw Khaing

Thank you.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Travel Agent

I've just returned from 15 amazing days in Myanmar in which I visited Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay, Hsi paw, Pwin oo Lin and Inle using domestic flights, a train, a share taxi and private car. After researching TripAdvisor i decided to use Kyaw Khaing to arrange the total trip including accommodation, transfers etc. Kyaw he provided me with a great service and I thoroughly recommend him. Kyaw met me at Yangon airport, changed my USD for Kyat at a good rate (and reversed the money exchange for me on my last day) , gave me all my necessary hotel vouchers and plane tickets so that I could travel independently but also knowing that Kyaw was available 24/7 by mobile phone if required. I didn't have any problems during my trip and his arrangements for my journey were perfect - even finished my trip with mohinga for breakfast at a local tea shop on the way to the airport. If you decide to use Kyaw Khaing ( One Stop travel and Tours) you wont be disappointed and Myanmar is a terrific country to visit.

Yangon
Level Contributor
376 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Travel Agent

this is the forum i like

every one like to visit to Myanmar

thx u all

didn't heard bad things

as they replied their experience

then choose one

i didn't have any bad news about these agencies

Braunschweig...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Travel Agent

We were just back from a 24-day impressive “round trip” in Myanmar, including Yangon, the Golden Rock, Lake Inle, Mandalay, Bagan, Sittwe, Mrauk U, and Ngapali. Kyaw (pronounced as “Joe”) booked us all the flights, bus, boats, and most hotels as well. Everything went smooth.

Before contacting Kyaw, we’ve contacted some other travel agencies which enjoy “good reputation” and “highly recommended” either by our guide book or some forums. We were so disappointed when we got to know that one agency with “big fame” quoted us hotel room rates without checking availabilities. We were told that they would only start to work seriously on our enquiry upon receiving the down payment. In addition to this, we must pay certain amount of US$ service fee because we only needed to book hotels and flights, but wouldn’t use their cars and guides. We understood that down payment is the practice in this country, but we decided not to use them. Shortly after that, we were so lucky to have discovered Kyaw in this forum. He neither requested for any down payment nor additional service fee. And his offer was really competitive. We had no reason not to use Kyaw and his one stop Myanmar. We’d like to give him a big “thank you” for his trust to the stranger travelers.

One day in Lake Inle, hotel receptionist told us there was a message for us. Our flight (Heho- Mandalay) has been changed from Air KBZ into Air Mandalay. We guessed this was Kyaw who left the message. The next morning, we received another phone call from Kyaw, just to make sure that we received his information. You see, you can count on him.

We highly recommend Kyaw and his one stop Myanmar. If you have any questions about discover Myanmar, please don’t hesitate to contact Kyaw. You wouldn’t be disappointed.

London
Level Contributor
173 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Travel Agent

Acabo de volver de un viaje en Birmania organizado por Myanmar Shalom y fueron totalment geniales.Me dieron los mejores precioses y los guias que nos acompanaron eran verdaderamente super profesionales. Te aconsejeria que le probara.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,333 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Travel Agent

DivingFrenchie apparently was happy with Myanmar Shalom.

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
825 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Travel Agent

As a discerning traveler, I suggest that you can contact many agencies at the same time. You may find some of them are really fast-responding, helpful, informative and without hassle then you can proceed with that.

I found that on TA for Myanmar, we only have 4 or 5 travel agencies that are listed on our recommendation list. Why you don`t try all ?

Obviously, it is very very pleasant to know your good reviews and specially with trip reports.

37. Re: Travel Agent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2013, 10:24