We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carry On Luggage/ Personal Item

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
593 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Carry On Luggage/ Personal Item

For domestic flights in Myanmar, I was wondering, are carry on bags are weighed as long as they are carry on size? Also, is it fine to have a day pack or small personal bag as well?

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
593 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carry On Luggage/ Personal Item

Sorry. Typed that too too fast. My first question is, are carry on bags weighed?

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Carry On Luggage/ Personal Item

Here is the link.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294190-i9408-k461…

australia
Level Contributor
278 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carry On Luggage/ Personal Item

Hi

No carry on not weighed but the planes are small so overhead lockers are tiny. Day pack is fine or small small hand luggage bag.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,008 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carry On Luggage/ Personal Item

The carry on weight is 8K- My wheely looked a bit bulky at check in at Ngapali and it was weighed at nearly 10K so I had to spread the contents around the rest of the party or have it put in the hold (foc).

Note the standard small wheely (typical size 55cmx40cmx20cm for LCC in Europe) will not fit in the overhead lockers on the ATR42/72's and has to go under the seat in front which restricts your legroom so try and use something smaller. We usually try to travel light upcountry and leave spare luggage at our hotel in Yangon.

Edited: 17 September 2011, 12:39
5. Re: Carry On Luggage/ Personal Item

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 07:16