We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ngapali Beach accomodation?

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
276 reviews
Save Topic
Ngapali Beach accomodation?

I am going to Burma for a month in December and wanted to spend some time at Ngapali beach. Can anyone recommend some good beach bungalows - basic and cheap?

Thanks

yangon
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ngapali Beach accomodation?

Linthar Oo

Pleasant View

Silver View

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,580 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ngapali Beach accomodation?

These are mentioned here,and on the Thorntree Myanmar forum.

Input their names in the spyglass feature above to pick up any earlier postings.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ngapali Beach accomodation?

Pleasant View is not cheap. $90 USD per night in January for a bungalow.....and that's booked through a Myanmar travel agency. "Rooms" are $5 per night less.

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ngapali Beach accomodation?

Thanks for the replies.

I had done a forum and an accomodation search here, but did not find anything specific about budget accomodation, just lists of several resorts without prices. One post mentioned some cheaper places being in the range $45-70, which, for SE Asia, is not budget accomodation by a long way.

Perhaps I should have been clearer with the question - does anyone have first hand experience of Ngapali beach accomodation that costs less than $20-30 per night?

many thanks

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,580 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ngapali Beach accomodation?

I have seen postings on the thorntree myanmar forum that mention prices like these.

Sydney
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ngapali Beach accomodation?

I've been looking on this forum and LP for months and months for the same information. I don't think there is anything for that price. I ended up booking the Linthar Oo and that's $50+ a night (2 people), a BIG splurge for us. Of course once you get there you never know.... good luck!

UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ngapali Beach accomodation?

Currently staying at Yoma Cherry Lodge. 4 large well equipped rooms, English managed, right on fishermans beach so lots to watch from the terrace. Great way to relax after seeing all the sights around the country.Rates at the moment $60 per night.

Edited: 24 March 2012, 02:15
UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ngapali Beach accomodation?

Currently staying at Yoma Cherry Lodge. 4 large well equipped rooms, English managed, right on fishermans beach so lots to watch from the terrace. Great way to relax after seeing all the sights around the country.Rates at the moment $60 per night.

Edited: 24 March 2012, 02:15
Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
812 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ngapali Beach accomodation?

I stayed in Pleasant View last winter. My bungalow is opposite to Treasure island. The staff are very nice !

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
796 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ngapali Beach accomodation?

The garden rooms(sea facing) at the Lin Thar Oo were $30 single this year in high season, the humongous beach bungalows were $35 single, that's about as budget as you're going to get in Ngapali. I wouldn't want to bet money that those prices will be the same next high season. Food excellent & cheap for Ngapali, beer & cocktails also reasonable...

Royal Beach were $30 last year for a lower level garden view room, this year $50, no discount even for returning customers which used to be the go.