We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa dates

austin, texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
visa dates

My husband & I are going to Myanmar in December. I sent in all of the information to a company in September. I wanted to get this done because my husband needed his passport in October. Anyway, just realized that the visas have us visiting between September 30 & December 29th.

The problem is we won't leave Myanmar until the 31st! I called CIBT, the company that got us the visas. First they said we'd have to redo the visas, then they said no it would be okay. Does anyone know how strict the government is on this kind of thing?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,158 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa dates

I have certainly read here and on the Thorntree,Myanmar forum, that you can pay (I think $3 a day) for a short overstay.

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visa dates

Tourist Visa is valid for 3 months. So you can enter into Myanmar within 3 months after the visa was issued.

But stay permit, 28 days, will commence only on the date of arrival.

yangon
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa dates

I think , you need to redo since your visa already expire on 29 th and you will arrive Myanmar on 31 st .

I will not take a risk.

4. Re: visa dates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2012, 04:16