We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myanmar Visa

Luang Prabang, Laos
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Myanmar Visa

We are two British couples who intend backpacking around some of the sights in Myanmar for a two week period in October 2012, where is the best place to get our visas?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myanmar Visa

London,please see Top questions,toolbar right.

Bilthoven, The...
Level Contributor
123 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myanmar Visa

To add a bit of info, it took 10 working days for my visa request to be approved (BeNeLux embassy). Also, I could only pay in cash (25 Euro per visa). Take care to follow the visa application instructions as any mistake delays issue of the visa.

Do pay attention to the embassy operating days. They seem to have at least one holiday day per week, local and Burmese......lucky basterds ;-)

Conroe, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Myanmar Visa

How to get Myanmar visa in Houston?

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1 post
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myanmar Visa

without guarantee, check this posting, to obtain a visa on entry in Yangon, it might safe hassle :

http://www.myanmarvisa.com/visaprocedure.htm

warwickshire
Level Contributor
400 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myanmar Visa

Hi

I am not sure if you are at the moment in the UK or Laos. If you are in UK then follow the advice from silverswimmer and go to the page on the top right. Follow his detailed answer No.5 and you will have no problems at all. I did.... it was very simple to do and just got mine back after 10 days. Good luck.

6. Re: Myanmar Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 February 2012, 12:35
7. Re: Myanmar Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 February 2012, 12:35
Rancho Palos...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Myanmar Visa

#3 you can obtain a visa by mail in the USA quite easily just follow the instruction sheet. It takes the full 10 days to process as they are quite busy now. Sent in ours Jan 3 by USPS with receipt confirmation and received it back Jan 28 by FEDEX Ground.

Rancho Palos...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Myanmar Visa

PS to #9 website for Embassy in Washington, DC http://mewashingtondc.com

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Myanmar Visa

I just realised that visa on arrival is no longer possible in Myanmar.

There is a website called myanmarvisa.com saying that for a fee of $70 it can arrange online visas for Myanmar - anyone experience of this or is it a scam?? It says it will meet you upon arrival in Yangon to sort details - but that is taking things on too much trust..

I have a problem in that I am travelling with someone who has already set off on a round the world ticket but the only place where she can now stop to get a visa is in Australia but it would involve a flight to Myanmar Embassy in Canberra which may be expensive - unless they can do a quick postal return..