We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myanmar Visa-On-Arrival

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Myanmar Visa-On-Arrival

Foreigners are required to obtain a non-immigrant Myanmar visa before entering into Myanmar.

Myanmar on-arrival-visa is facilitate to travelers to get Myanmar Visa without going to Myanmar embassy in respective countries with less time and save money.

Tourist visa

Tourist visa is divided into two categories: Foreign Independent Travellers (F.I.T) and Package Tour Groups.

Tourists visas are valid for (3) months.

Period of stay in Myanmar restricted to four weeks from date of arrival. It can be extendable.

Tourists may only stay in hotels and guesthouses during their visit in Myanmar.

TOURIST VISA VALIDITY: TOURIST visas are issued for SINGLE entry and are valid for THREE (3) months from issue date. Please do not apply more than 3 months before your scheduled date of entry to Myanmar. You can stay in Myanmar only up to twenty-eight (28) days . Your stay cannot be extended.

Business Visa

(a) Business Visa (Single Entry) -Valid for (3) months -Period of stay in Myanmar restricted to ten weeks from date of arrival. It can be extended.

(b) Business Visa (Multiple Journey Entry Visa ) -Validity varies from minimum (6) months to maximum (1) year from date of issue. Multiple Journey Entry Visa is considered case by case basis. The applicants who would like to apply Multiple Journey Entry Visa must have been applied at least (3) times Business Entry Visa within One year. -Period of stay in Myanmar restricted to ten weeks from date of arrival. It can be extended.

Submitting Correct Data

It is required by Ministry of Hotel & Tourism that myanmar visa on arrival applicants must be submitted complete information including travel plan.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,538 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myanmar Visa-On-Arrival

Thanks

But the advice here and on TT is to arrange your tourist Visa at their local Myanmar Embassy or BKK and not to get an Agency to arrange a VOR as there have been many,many problems and refusals reported.

There are many links in "Top questions" tool bar right on this subject so I hope these new posts do not start confusion again,however well meaning they are.

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Myanmar Visa-On-Arrival

thanks for comments, normally, there is no need to arrange TT, just settle online via paypal gateway then sit-back and relax :) then the rest will process by VOA service. Save your time too!

Muscat, Oman
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Myanmar Visa-On-Arrival

My husband is indonesia, is it ok to apply social visa on arrival in july 2012

Edited: 03 May 2012, 13:42
Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Myanmar Visa-On-Arrival

Yes, you can apply.

Have a nice trip

Muscat, Oman
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Myanmar Visa-On-Arrival

hi,

My son and my husband are indonesian passport holder. what is the require document to get social visa uppon arrival at yangon airport. We plan to fly to yangon on 1st of July, 2012. How we going to apply and when is the best time to apply visa on arrival?

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Myanmar Visa-On-Arrival

----------------------------First Question------------------------

In order to apply Visa on arrival,you need following data

- full name as mentioned in the passport,

- gender,

- father's name,

- nationality, religion,

- passport number, issue date, date of birth, place of birth, occupation, home address,

- purpose of Visiting Myanmar,

- date of arrival, flight Number, and a digital photo (a scan of the passport picture is fine).

-----------------------Second Question:-------------------------

The scanned of VOA approval letter and two passport photos.

-----------------------Third Question: -------------------------

1) The best time to apply is one month prior to arrival day.

2) you can apply at myanmar embassy in indonesia or apply via third party VOA service provider. Pleas find in yahoo with this word "myanmar tourist visa" and find reliable service provider.

have a nice trip to Myanmar.

Muscat, Oman
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Myanmar Visa-On-Arrival

Really thanks for the info but we stay in Oman muscat now. we are worried about to get visa to Myanmar. To apply soical visa .we have been making call to theMyanmar embassy in kuwait and egypt since last week. No one answer the phone. I just curious, does anyone in the office at embassy.The person we know even, he swith off the mobile. another staff who answer the phone in egypt said that he was so busy and not allowed to talk on ph long time. He isn't Tourist - friendly i don't want to mention his name. i could not get any info that time. i feel really disappointed. as u mention i will start try to find reliable service provider.

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Myanmar Visa-On-Arrival

Yes, you can find & apply VOA. Maybe you want to try at www.myanmartouristvisa.com, myanmarvisaonarrival.com, etc or any other service provider offered VOA. Hope this may help your VOA difficulty.

Have a nice trip.

Rotorua, New Zealand
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Myanmar Visa-On-Arrival

hi there. i live in new zealand and im flying to yangon from kuala lumpur with air asia. can I use your VOA service ? Will I be able to check in in kuala lumpur with no problems with VOA ? am flying in july. thanks.

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Myanmar Visa-On-Arrival

Yes, you can apply for VOA, there's no problem at all.

Have a nice trip.