We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommendable travel agent for Myanmar

Level Contributor
11 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
recommendable travel agent for Myanmar

Who have you dealt with that would give you moderate priced arrangements for good quality in exploring Myanmar and for people interested in history and culture? How did they deal with problems when they arose? What was the quality of the guides? We are not interested in spa and fancy accommodations.

Thanks for information!

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Level Contributor
28 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommendable travel agent for Myanmar

We just spent 12 days in Myanmar and used the services of Kyaw Khaing, who runs the One Stop Myanmar agency. Kyaw was very professional in arranging our hotel and air reservations and providing drivers and local guides. Highly recommended - he posts regularly here on TA under kkm and his email is kyawkhaing.myanmar@googlemail.com.

Mentioned in this post
Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
834 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommendable travel agent for Myanmar

I would recommend Letsgo Myanmar and Myanmar Diary Travels. You can easily find them on google.

Mentioned in this post
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
16,605 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommendable travel agent for Myanmar

There are many good agents, however there are 4 or 5 who are regularly recommended by travellers here at TA. Input "Agents" in the spyglass feature above.

Level Contributor
67 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommendable travel agent for Myanmar

We also had our first experience of Myanmar organised by Kyaw Khaing (One Stop Myanmar) in February/March and would highly recommend him. We planned our itinerary by email, and thanks to his help we experienced a couple of festivals that we weren't previously aware of. He was happy to discuss different options and alternatives whilst we were putting the holiday together.

His assistant met us from the airport on arrival in Yangon and we were taken to his office to collect our vouchers & flight tickets and pay him. He was very friendly and helpful and provided us with a mobile contact number so we could reach him at any point if we had any queries.

Happy to answer any additional questions you might have.

Mentioned in this post
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon Region, Myanmar
australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recommendable travel agent for Myanmar

We also had excellent service from Kyaw (Joe) Khaing of One Stop Travel when we visited Myanmar february/march this year.

He was totally reliable and a gentleman into the bargain.

Make sure you buy a mobile phone card in Yangon as it makes the trip etc. much easier.

Geoff

Mentioned in this post
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon Region, Myanmar
Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: recommendable travel agent for Myanmar

I just have been to Myanmar and used Seven Diamond Travels through my Myanmar friend.

They arranged all domestic travel - domestic air, train, accommodation. I was treated as a kind of VIP because of my friend ; ) everything went OK - there's alwyas someone at the airport to meet and greet, the quality of the driver/guide are pretty good. They even called me a few times during my journey to see if I am OK!

Another good thing about this agent is they have a branch in both Mandalay and Bagan so in case if you need their assistance it is easy to contact.

Mentioned in this post
Mandalay
Mandalay
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Bagan
Bagan
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
834 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recommendable travel agent for Myanmar

It is true that Seven Diamond has branches in Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake. As far as I know, they are more specialized in offering domestic flights.

Mentioned in this post
Inle Lake
Inle Lake
2,319 Reviews
Nyaungshwe, Myanmar
Mandalay
Mandalay
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Bagan
Bagan
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
8. Re: recommendable travel agent for Myanmar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 11:42