Much is written on here about how easy (or not) it is to get a Myanmar visa in Bangkok. There is not much about Australia for Australians. Mine just turned up in the post today and I have to say it could not have been easier or faster. It took only a week from when I sent it off. They do say allow 4 weeks though.
All I did was download the application from the embassy web site myanmarembassycanberra.info/?page_id=93 – I need 3 for the 3 of us, and filled it in, printed them off and sent in a registered postal bag along with:
• Passports for each person
• Two recent passport size colour photographs for each person
• Company cheque - $A35 for each person – they don’t accept personal cheques so if you don’t have a company you will need to get a money order or similar
• Registered Post self-addressed pre-paid envelope for them to return out passports
• A letter that stated
- Departure date from Australia
- Dates of entry into and departure from Myanmar
- Business hours contact phone number
Really simple and fast
Myanmar here we come!