We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myanmar cigars

L.A.
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Myanmar cigars

OK boys and girls, here is a specialized question for cigar smokers only. How good (or bad) are Myanmar cigars? I always carry a supply of premium sticks with me on a trip, but if the local smokes are okay, maybe I can cut back and save the space in my bag. I am quite a keen cigar aficionado though, so if the Burmese variety are nothing but dog rockets, better that I be forewarned.

Thanks!

L.A.
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Myanmar cigars

There is a reason that cigars from Cuba, Dominican Republic, Honduras, and Nicaragua, etc have the reputation that they do. Everyone who smokes premium handmade cigars knows this, and it is an opinion shared by millions of cigar smokers around the world. If someone said that southeast Asian noodles are much better than Cuban noodles, they would be right for the same reason. It may be "just" an opinion, but it would be an opinion shared by millions of noodle eaters. Nobody in Cuba would take offense at that, and nobody in Asia should take offense that their own cigars aren't that great. No one country is good at everything.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,080 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Myanmar cigars

Exactly! Well said!

L.A.
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Myanmar cigars

any idea how many cigars I am legally allowed to bring? The embassy website give a weight but I really do not know what that works out to in cigars.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,080 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Myanmar cigars

I don't think they're going to check your bags, but I'd assume even a whole box is OK. You're not planning to smoke one every night, are you?

L.A.
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Myanmar cigars

Me? One cigar every night? Uh..... Well, no I guess not .... on some nights I may have two or three. ;-)

16. Re: Myanmar cigars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 17:15