We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking internal flights

Brisbane
Level Contributor
4 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Booking internal flights

Hi guys,

Can anyone give some advice on booking internal flights.

I have contacted a two different travel agencies in Yangon, but I am not happy with the information I am getting back and I am having a hard time understanding their English.

Can anyone recommend a good travel agent to book through or how has everyone else booked their internal flights in Myanmar?

Thanks for your help.

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
825 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking internal flights

I would like to provide you some reference as follow:

- Seven Diamond Ticketing Agency

- Sun Far Travel & Tours

- Treasure Travel & Tours

- Ayarwaddy Legend Travel & Tours

For online booking, I found this site quite fast responding:

http://www.myanmarflights.net

So far, there is still no E-tickets, ticket delivery should be done in Myanmar, not by email.

Hopefully, it helps

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,305 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking internal flights

For balance:-

Agents frequently recommended here and on Thorntree, include

Santa Maria,Tour Mandalay,One Stop Travel & Tours,MrMyanmar,Myanmar Delight,Myanmar Shalom etc etc.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking internal flights

Just to add, Air Bagan seems to have introduced E-ticket since Oct 2012. I have just booked some flights with an Air Bagan representative in Australia for my trip in Feb and was issued an E-ticket via email. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking internal flights

We traveled on both Air Bagan and Yangon Airways in late December and were issued e-tickets for both. Both were booked through a local travel agent and we had no problems at the airports. We just needed to have a printed copy of the e-tickets.

Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking internal flights

Which agent did you use? Do you have a contact number? Thanks.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking internal flights

I just booked my internal flights on line airmandalay,com. I will pick up the tickets and pay for it when I arrive in Yangon next month.

Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking internal flights

We booked our tickets through Shan Yoma Travel &Tours.

8. Re: Booking internal flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 June 2013, 09:35
9. Re: Booking internal flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 07:17