We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airfare from US

Barrington, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
airfare from US

Any advice on finding the best airfares from the US to Myanmar during the month of February or March of 2013?

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
817 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airfare from US

I recommend you to find international flights on farecompare.com or edream.com. They are offering good flights to Myanmar

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airfare from US

edreams have some real horror stories on the Airtravel forum.

Can I suggest you re post your question on that forum as there are some Experts there that post regularly including one based in BKK who works for an airline.

What I do from Europe is to try the online Agents such as ebookers and expedia to identify the best flights and then compare them with the Airline web site. If there is no cost disadvantage I always book direct with the airline and I do try, where possible, to fly into BKK on TG (Thai) as it is their home base.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,310 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airfare from US

Keep an eye out for airfares, set up fare alerts, etc. I found a one-way business class fare from Yangon to the US for under $100 about a month ago :-). Then I used miles to get me to Yangon. So my round trip airfare total will under $125! Certainly that is the exception and not the rule, but it pays to keep checking and act quickly when you see a good fare.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
460 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airfare from US

$100??#!#@!$!$#! What kind of deal was this? an international flight for $100? Surely there is some catch to this....or a typo?

5. Re: airfare from US

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 00:19