We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sim cards

uk
Level Contributor
137 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sim cards

My dh wants to know if he will be able to get a Micro Simcard for a i4s phone . He wants his phone to use not just for calls but info. I have no idea as I onlly read Simcards not specific ones. If anyone can advise I would be grateful so I can keep him happy.

Yangon ,Myanmar
Level Contributor
129 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sim cards

If you buy 20 US$ pre-paid SIM card , you can use it just for call . But , you can ask at the phone service stall @ airport and they could help for you in that matter .

uk
Level Contributor
137 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sim cards

Thanks RU G . We will ask when we arrive in 2 weeks but was going to leave phone at home if the micros are not available.

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
840 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sim cards

Yu can rent phone at Yangon airport by the way

Mentioned in this post
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon Region, Myanmar
Yangon ,Myanmar
Level Contributor
129 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sim cards

As far as I know , you can't hire micros at Phone services stall .

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
253 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sim cards

Any new news on the SIM card prices. Someone emailed me: "I have heard back from Yangon and they have said there is a rental service at the International airport in Yangon. With the assistance of your guide you can rent a SIM card on arrival. The deposit will be USD.100 (with internet) and USD.50 (without internet) to rent the SIM card. On top of this you will be charged a rental fee of USD.2 per day for internet phone and USD.4 per day for with phone without internet.The deposit will be giving back to you after you return the SIM to the counter at the airport. I have asked them if they are able to arrange this in advance for you but have not heard back but will let you know on Monday."

My first thought is that it is cheaper to go outside the airport. Any thoughts? My phone is the iPhone 4S. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon Region, Myanmar
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
16,704 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sim cards

It is all here,forget hiring a phone,paying a deposit-just buy a SIM for $20

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294190-i9408-k5…

7. Re: Sim cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 05:18