We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help please

Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help please

I'm meeting up with a friend and her family who are traveling on the days marked with a *. My entire holiday has been arranged to accommodate their timing and routing. They've changed their plans again and I'm not sure whether to try changing my flight(s) to match with their schedule. Right now, this is what I have:

Day 1 - Arrive Yangon morning

Day 2 - Yangon

Day 3 - Yangon

Day 4 - Fly to Inle morning

Day 5 - Inle

Day 6 - Inle

Day 7 - Fly to Bagan afternoon

Day 8 - Bagan

* Day 9 - Bagan morning/drive to Pakokku afternoon

* Day 10 - Pakokku

* Day 11 - Monywa

* Day 12 - Pakokku

* Day 13 - Bagan/Mt Popa day trip

Day 14 - Bagan or Pakokku

Day 15 - Fly to Yangon afternoon

Day 16 - Fly to Bangkok morning

They will now be flying to Yangon the morning of Day 14 and going on a day trip to Golden Rock (I won't be going on the day trip under any scenario). The options I could think of are (1) do nothing and spend less time with them (2) change the Day 14 flight and spend more time in Yangon than I'd like (3) try changing all the flights to make a schedule I like. These are all equally unappealing to me so I can't decide what to do. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
817 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help please

Your itinerary seems having some repeatation. If you travel Bagan - Pakkoku - Monywa - Bagan, it should be better Bagan - Pakkoku - Monywa - Mandalay.

You can easily catch a flight from Mandalay to Yangon and not to pay two times for 1 route.

Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help please

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I know the itinerary doesn't make sense but I don't have any control over that part and I'd feel bad canceling at this point.

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
817 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help please

If you already book the flight from Bagan to Yangon. You still can go Bagan - Monywa - Mandalay - Bagan.

By this way, you will enjoy more landscapes and different places.

Normally, we do Bagan - Pakkoku - Monywa in 1 day.

4. Re: Itinerary help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 02:17