We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trek Kalaw to Inle

San Francisco
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Trek Kalaw to Inle

Hello,

Thanks to folks on this forum I am well on my way to enjoying a fantastic trip to Myanmar. I have really appreciated all the fantastic advice people have shared with me and working with an agent I have reserved my trip for late December.

I will post a few questions from now until my trip and I really appreciate any repsonses that can help me out!

I am planning to do the 3 day trek from Kalaw to Inle. I have a guide and also will be traveling with a companion. Neither of us our hikers or backpackers and this will be the first time we do anyhting like this. The agent hasn't provided much details other than it's about 8-10 hours a day of traveling - walking, stopping, eating, etc..

Can anyone who has done this trip PM me or reply here with suggestions for how to pack, how to deal with water, food, and distances + physical demands of the trip.

We are in low-moderate shape and havent really traveled to south east asia so the food/water will be a challenege.

We are both super excited and would love some advice to make sure it's a fantastic time.

Thanks!!

kalaw
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trek Kalaw to Inle

All the guide in kalaw can arrange for the purified water and food,But you should avoid from the salad which is hand mixed as well as green tea on the trek because of sometimes they do not boil it completely,that can effect into your stomach .

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,719 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trek Kalaw to Inle

Good advice BUT his post was from October last year,11 months ago,and he trekked last December posting his experiences here

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294190-i9408-k6…

Sounds as if his stomach was OK

SS

3. Re: Trek Kalaw to Inle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 05:17