We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oway online booking

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Oway online booking

I can't find any reviews on this oway.com.mm website for booking hotels, etc. Does anyone know of the reliability of this booking agency please? Thanks!

110 replies to this topic
Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Oway online booking

If you dont have confident You can try booking with local agents

Lytham St Anne's...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Oway online booking

hello,has anybody used this oway.com.mm yet? any good?safe?

Level Contributor
15 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oway online booking

We just completed a two week trip: domestic flights, hotels, trekking etc. all paid by credit card through Oway so we didn' have to carry the cash. Easy selecting & booking what we wanted from their website menus & excellent response to on the road requests & issues (not of their doing). Highly recommended. We are experienced, independent world travellers & can't fault their services. This in contrast to many reputable (LP & TA) Myanmar agents who we previously contacted but were just too busy with the uptick in tourist volume to give us the time of day. We only started booking the trip early December. We will be posting a very positive detailed Oway review soon.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Oway online booking

hey, it's a scam.

I tried it with my Groupon deal and I bet you the comment by Globelmoneky is an insider.

When i showed my deal to the restaurant, the staff there not only didn't know what I was doing, they thought I was ripping them off!

Stick with the big boys and the big brands and just be smart about it!!

Level Contributor
15 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oway online booking

Restaurant Groupons can be bought only direct from Groupon to my knowledge. How was Oway involved? If you explain all the details then others can benefit from your experience.

We used MasterCard because you can dispute/cancel MasterCard billing if the service isn't delivered as promised. We have no link to Omway, just impressed that their service was outstanding.

sydney
Level Contributor
389 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oway online booking

Grobelmonkey: 10 posts and 5 reviews

filmfix: 1 post

I wonder whose comments I find more credible...........mmmmmm

7. Re: Oway online booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 February 2013, 04:25

yangon
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oway online booking

At this moment , all I can say is most of the hotel , oway offer may not be up to the standard . Be care with the hotel that you choose.

yangon
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oway online booking

, oway put up the sign of UMTA ( Union of Myanmar Travel Association ) oway is not a UMTA member till 30 Nov 2012. as per UMTA member list.

See http://umtanet.org/content/view/27/41/

Level Contributor
15 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oway online booking

WOW, all these anti-OWAY posts about their services but from nobody (else) who seems to have actually made a trip through OWAY bookings! & many from single post reviewers. The Myanmar travel industry somewhere feels very threatened by OWAY's business model. Anyway, time will tell if OWAY can continue to deliver or not.

Reply to: Oway online booking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted