We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3-4 nights in Myanmar only

Monterey Park...
Level Contributor
69 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
3-4 nights in Myanmar only

Hi All,

Decided to go to Myanmar last week so I'm hastily putting a trip together. Any suggestions would be great!

Step 1: Fly to bangkok and get a visa on Dec 26th.

Step 2: Fly to RGN on Air Asia on Dec 27th.

Dec 27th hike to Kyaiktiyo rock and then overnight bus to Bagan. Anyone know a place I can put my bags, and if there are hotels near Kyaiktiyo rock?

Dec 28th sunrise in Bagan and try to go standby on a hot air balloon.

Dec 29th inle lake or Amarapura.

Dec 30th open for discussion

Dec 31st Fly back to RGN to Siem Riep.

Would you suggest a guide that will go with me for the 3 or 4 days? If so, any recs?

1. Re: 3-4 nights in Myanmar only

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2012, 15:44
2. Re: 3-4 nights in Myanmar only

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2012, 15:44
s
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3-4 nights in Myanmar only

first 27 day,you can go Golden Rock by bus and then go by nightbus to Bagan.If you put your bags,you will hire reservation at the hotel.Because of safety your bags.Most of the hotel have near Golden Rock.If you want to go Inle lake,I think, it is not enough for one day.

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3-4 nights in Myanmar only

Hi Frebay

Near Golden Rock Hill area there are Two Hotel just near the Entrance Fee collection center (6$ per person ) and a lot of guests houses on other area.

For Golden Rock You have to be fit enough to hike 45 minute from Ye Thae Taung Middle base Camp or you can take palanquins

For 29 -30 2 days at Innwa and Mandalay or Amarapura and Sagaing Region

London
Level Contributor
135 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3-4 nights in Myanmar only

Golden Rock is interesting, but it takes a lot of time and effort to get there. It does not take very long to walk around it a few times.

Inle Lake is stunning, and as you are limited for time I suggest that instead of Golden Rock.

The road journey to Bagan is reputedly very uncomfortable, so expect not to get much sleep. The hot air balloons take off at first light, before sunrise, so you need to find out when and where the bus arrives, and work out how to get to the balloons in time.

I would also put Sagaing/Amarapura/Mandalay ahead of Golden Rock, a far better interest/journey time ratio.

6. Re: 3-4 nights in Myanmar only

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 23 December 2013, 05:16