We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Yangon to Bagan

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
from Yangon to Bagan

Hi my husband and I will be in Yangon on the 6th March for three days.. raher than fly to Bagan which is very expensive, we would rather pay for a driver and car, which we feel will benifit the local

community.. and maybe more fun and interesting

We would welcome any advice...

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,723 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from Yangon to Bagan

It will probably cost you more than flying and I doubt it will help anyone other than the drivers employees.

For a price please contact a local Agent -there are many recommended in the threads which can be seen by inputting "Agents" into the spyglass search feature above.

And please do post what prices you are quoted,so as to help future travellers

thanks

SS

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
817 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from Yangon to Bagan

Most of the time you will be on the highway, I am not sure it is more enjoyable by that way.

It is true that travelling by car costs more than flight because the driver has to return to Yangon after your trip so the transfer fee can not be cheap as you think.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from Yangon to Bagan

Many thanks for your re ply most helpful

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from Yangon to Bagan

Many thanks I will take your advice

5. Re: from Yangon to Bagan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 06:15