We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short duration ity

Agra, India
Level Contributor
119 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Short duration ity

I along with my wife plan to visit Myanmar on way to Siem Reap and have very few days to spare and do not mind rushed visit ...

Day 1 Our flight shall arrive Yangoon by evening. Transfer to hotel governors residence Day 2. Full day local city tour Day 3 morning flight to Bagan Later city tour stay at hotel Aureum Palace . 4 early flight back to Yangoon and later fly to Siem Reap .. We are happy seeing the highlights / must do places only.

Please advise if this is feasible and sensible. If necessary we can increase one more night but prefer to avoid as we have four more countries to cover.. Or should we drop Bagan....Thanks for your help and guidance .

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short duration ity

I would not even bother, considering the hassle of obtaining visas, etc. Why not spend more time in Cambodia, and visit Myanmar when you can afford at least a week there. Where is the joy in rushing around like that when you are on vacation? You will only be kicking yourself the entire trip if you head all the way to Bagan and only have a half day there....

Agra, India
Level Contributor
119 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short duration ity

Hi thanks, I agree... It is unlikely that I shall have time to visit Indo China again .....

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short duration ity

Bagan is definitely worth a visit but I agree with Maneki-neko, having only 4 days is not worth the hassle.

Our flight was on time but all the other transportation modes like bus, train and boat might have left on time but never arrived at the estimated time of arrival. ;-) Having half a day or even a full day in Bagan is not enough. We had four days which might be too much for some but we enjoyed it. Anyway, you should have at least 2 days there.

London
Level Contributor
977 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short duration ity

Well if you do not mind the rush then combining Bagan with Ankor Wat sounds very interesting to me!

Agra, India
Level Contributor
119 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short duration ity

Hi thanks Dear all....

Have managed to put one night at Yangon and two nights at Bagan ....

Hotel Governors Residence at Yangon And Aureaum Palace at Bagan....

Wonder Hot Air Baloon is worth ????

6. Re: Short duration ity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 05:16