We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myanmar - Travel agent

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Myanmar - Travel agent

We (2 adults) wish to visit Myanmar early next year and have already started planning. We would like to engage the services of a travel agent in Myanmar to book domestic flights, boat trips,hotels etc. Can anyone recommend a reputable agent who could do this for us. We will book the international flights from the UK.

Many thanks in advance.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,988 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myanmar - Travel agent

There are about 10 reputable Agents frequently recommended in these forums and links to the threads commenting on them can be found by inputting "Agents" in the spyglass search feature above.

Once you have read through those please feel free to post a short list for comment or send a PM to me-and do ignore the self advertisers who will try to break TA rules and post their own links. The TA Mods will quickly close them down.

SS

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myanmar - Travel agent

Thanks SS. Have looked at TA reviews and Tour Mandalay seems to have very good reviews.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myanmar - Travel agent

yes tour mandalay, but also Shan Yoma, Santa Maria, Colombus, Journey, Let's go Myanmar.....

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myanmar - Travel agent

Thanks Marco_Billou - seems like I am spoilt for choice!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
1,139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myanmar - Travel agent

Just back. Shalom travel did well.

Bremerton...
Level Contributor
20 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Myanmar - Travel agent

I have used Myanmar Shalom twice-Dec. 2011 and Jan. 2013. Their rates are reasonable and every single part of the individualized itinerary for two people on first trip and three on the second trip went perfectly. They were quick to answer our emails and rearranged a couple of things when we needed that. I am hoping for a third trip and will use Sammy again. Their office also checked in with our guide regularly as well as asking to speak with us just to make sure. Only one thing I'd change next time is defining "early morning" plane departure. Because of the huge increase in tourism it meant getting up at 3:30 am once on trip two. Oh my! We survived just fine, but thinking about it was a bummer.

We had a car/driver/guide with us. We'd leave one set when we changed locations (via plane or boat) and be greeted by a new set upon arrival. Smooth as clockwork!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Myanmar - Travel agent

Hi Mona2446

Thanks so much for your post. I shall certainly bear in mind to try to avoid the very early morning wake-up calls. My knowledge of 3.30 is only the one after midday! As you can guess I am not an early riser so thanks for the tip.

Regards.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
1,139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Myanmar - Travel agent

Inle lake sometimes means geting up early because u have to cross the lake and then a long drive to the airport for morning flights. The boat ride is actually great with the sun coming up, although chilly.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Myanmar - Travel agent

Hi OntarioCanuck

I suppose some sacrifices have to be made. Thanks for the post, I have been warned what I have to be prepared for!

Regards.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Myanmar - Travel agent

Early flights are the reality when travelling by air around Myanmar. We were hoping it would get better after leaving Yangon but it didnt. Leaving Heho to fly back to Yangon was a killer as you need to be at the airport 1 1/2 hours before the flight. Add half an hour on the lake and 1 hour drive from the lake and its pretty early. Mandalay airport is also an hour from the city so this wasnt much better. Bagan was the best because the airport is so close to town.