We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget

Auckland, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Budget

Hi I and a friend are heading to Myanmar for four weeks in June in the low season we are both travelers from way back and are now in our fortys.We intend to stay and eat in local places my friend thinks fithy US $ each a day has us well covered , any advise on the budget would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
834 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget

It seems that this year in Myanmar there is no low season. Hotels are still busy.

However, your budget 50usd/ person/ day seems acceptable if you just stay in guest houses, eat local food and travel by bus from one place to another.

Mentioned in this post
London
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget

Can't use filthy Dollars, the note have to be in perfect condition!

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
16,591 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget

I agree-filthy dollars will not be accepted, only good ones-preferably new.

To answer your costing question I would agree with mg#1, and recent posts here suggest that $50 each should be OK,but not if you are thinking of flying.

SS

4. Re: Budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 05:19