We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a First Class Guide?

Save Topic
Looking for a First Class Guide?

Spent 2 weeks in Myanmar end of February 2013, seeing the main highlights, but also travelling into the rural areas away from the tourists. Yangon, Bagan, Monywa, Sagai, Amarapura, Mandala, Mingun, Pindaya, Kalaw and Inle Lake. My guide for most of my trip was MUTU – he was fantastic - email mutu.myanmar@gmail.com. A polite, intelligent young man with good English and a vast knowledge of every corner of Myanmar. As a women travelling on my own, I felt completely comfortable and safe at all times and enjoyed his company. I had a rough plan of where I wanted to go, but after meeting up with him, he knew exactly what I wanted to get from my first visit and tailored the days accordingly. He was a really fun guy with a lovely personality and wherever we were, someone knew him. My first trip to Myanmar was enhanced by having Mutu as my guide and I would highly recommend him to anyone wishing to get the most of this beautiful country. I am definitely returning next year and will book Mutu again.

If you want to see the best Myanmar has to offer, but away from the tourist route, Mutu is your man. Remember to plan ahead - if you’re hoping to visit the more remote areas, it takes several weeks to obtain entry permits. If you need any further help or advice, please contact me.

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
817 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a First Class Guide?

Where does he base Travelbunny A ?

For visiting remote lands such as Mrauk U, I do think travellers need tour operator who has liciense to apply for visiting permission, not a tour guide.

Thank you for your report. Could you also spend little time to make reviews about the hotels or services you used during the trip ?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,719 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a First Class Guide?

Which Agency did you use?

Did you book the guide yourself or was he introduced by the Agent?

As myanmarguide says-if you had joined in the forums and posted hotel/restaurant reviews your recommendations would have so much credence but as your haven't well...............

3. Re: Looking for a First Class Guide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 05:18