We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

You need to go to myanmar

mexico
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
You need to go to myanmar

I was in myanmar last week. It is probably one of the most beautiful countries I have visited... people need to go there! First I took a trip to Thailand with Gate1travel.com and then I continued to myanmar on my own. I wish I had done the myanmar part with Gate1travel as well. I got the best hotels and service in tailand with Gate1 and I paid one quarter of what I paid traveling on my own in myanmar. Don't miss Bagan and Inle; amazing places!

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
828 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: You need to go to myanmar

Maybe you should make some reviews of your trip. It is the first time the travel gate1 is mentioned here and you also come to the forum just for a very short time. It should be more reasonable if you prove your real travel

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: You need to go to myanmar

What kind of rates did you pay for hotels? Just curious...

mexico
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: You need to go to myanmar

Not sure, since I got a local agency who bundled guide+hotels+airplanes (yangon-bagan-mandalay-heho-yangon) for me. I paid around $1200 for 5nights/6days

mexico
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: You need to go to myanmar

By the way, the $1200 price was only for hotels and land services, since I paid another $370 for local flights.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: You need to go to myanmar

They didn't itemize the expenses? Most reputable agencies will list up the hotels, airfares, driver fees, etc down to the dollar. The several agencies I have dealt with in Yangon have so far have all provided me with a cost breakdown. I highly recommend people do this, othewise you may end up with added-on extras...

Edited: 10 April 2013, 08:35
Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
828 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: You need to go to myanmar

Did you travel alone ? it seems the price is good for you

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: You need to go to myanmar

#6, really? I spent about $500 in 6 of my 23 days, including drivers, all hotels, taxis, tips, meals & booze. I traveled alone. Do the math, $1200 is pricey...

Edited: 10 April 2013, 13:00
Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
828 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: You need to go to myanmar

It depends much on the level of the service but Myanmar now is very expensive and travelling alone is realy costly also.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: You need to go to myanmar

Yes, I have found that out. I will be saving the next few years to head back to Myanmar. In the meantime, I will still be able to visit Thailand, Cambodia and Laos for one-third the price...

10. Re: You need to go to myanmar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 06:18