We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myanmar Travel agencies

Boston...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Myanmar Travel agencies

My partner and I are planning a trip to Burma for this winter and would like to make arrangements through agents in Burma and avoid the middle person. Can anyone recommend a reliable tour company in Burma? Do you know anything about Myanmar Tours Asia or MYANMAR TRAVEL? We also want to include a visit to an elephant camp while we are there. Any suggestions recommendations for that would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myanmar Travel agencies

May I suggest you use the spyglass search feature above, inputting"agents" as that will link you to threads on the many recommended Agents posted here on this forum. The two you mention do not spring to mind as ones cropping up here in "recommended Agent" threads.

SS

2. Re: Myanmar Travel agencies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 May 2013, 12:35
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
242 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myanmar Travel agencies

This is the post about Myanmar Tours Asia for your reference:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294191-i9454-k6…

I used them in the past for my business trips, all are very good.

4. Re: Myanmar Travel agencies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 23:32
Oslo
Level Contributor
104 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myanmar Travel agencies

I used Santa Maria travel for booking of flights and accommodation last summer. Had to prepay through bank transfer, but everything went well and they met me when I landed in Yangon to hand me the tickets.

Erik

My video from the trip "One Week in Myanmar": http://youtu.be/-isgplZXqxU

San Diego
Level Contributor
27 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Myanmar Travel agencies

Hi,

My daughter and I just returned from a great 7 day trip to Myanmar. We were in Yangon, Bagan, and Inle Lake. We were referred to an agent from a friend who had been there, two years ago. First of all, they were extremely professional, everyone on time. Second, the guides were excellent, extremely friendly and gave us some real insight into life in their country. It's a beautiful country and the people are very kind. I was worried about the food for no reason. It was awesome. I've just posted a few reviews on restaurants. Our contact person was Kyaw Khaing. He is affiliated with One Stop Travel Agency (that was the name on the invoice). We corresponded with him several times via email before we arrived to Yangon. I recommend them highly. His email is kyawkhaing.myanmar@google.com. They're very clear on the prices, it has to be paid in cash. They met us at the airport as we came in very late at night. Have a great time.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Myanmar Travel agencies

Every once in a while, in life and in travels, you meet a truly spectacular individual who is astonishingly good at what he does and who is also a wonderful person. Kyaw Soe, who runs Arcadia Travels with his wife, is such a person. We just returned from 10 days in Myanmar, and can happily report that Kyaw Soe is incredibly knowledgeable about Burmese history, culture, hotels restaurants, tourist attractions, airline schedules, best seats for the Mandalay puppets, where working ATMs are, etc. He has superb LICENSED guides available in Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan, and Inle Lake, as well as more off-beat places. He took us around Yangon himself for two days and could not have been more informative (complete with providing diagrams of the changing structure of pagodas over time), responsive, and genuinely concerned and solicitous of our welfare. We were referred to Kyaw Soe by friends who'd used him the previous year for a family trip with two children, and he was even more wonderful than they'd promised. He proactively reconfirmed airline reservations for us within Myanmar, which we'd made independently, before finding out about him (We didn't know you had to reconfirm domestic air reservations a day ahead.) He speaks English like a native (American), and can recommend relevant literature--fiction and non-fiction. He is VERY smart and capable, a logistical whiz, and has been running his own agency since 1996. He is used to meeting (and surpassing) he expectations of demanding clients. Before starting his own agency, he worked for high-end Abocrombie and Kent as a guide. He has absolute integrity. And if any problems come up, he is totally there for you. On our last day, we returned to Yangon late at night before flying out very early the net morning, only to find that three statues we'd purchased in Mandalay and had paid to have shipped to the US were waiting for us at our hotel. Kyaw Soe came to our hotel and helped us find a solution to a challenging problem. He is never off the clock. We are pleased to consider him a friend, and highly recommend him.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Myanmar Travel agencies

Thank you,they obviously looked after you well

Lots of reviews from you on Vietnam but non from your trip to Myanmar.

Perhaps you could rectify this,so as to help future visitors

SS

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
636 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Myanmar Travel agencies

Erniewashington;

And his contact please?

I am on my third trip to Burma and welcome new contacts.

regards

Edited: 04 November 2013, 15:37
Quebec
Level Contributor
13 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Myanmar Travel agencies

Just came back from 28 days in Myanmar, we got great service from Asian Discovery Travel; we first contacted 8 travel agencies, got 5 answers, & only ADT gave us the itinerary we wanted (we were going to Mrauk U, and they did a fabulous job of getting us there as other agencies told us that Mrauk U was still off limits to tourists). They booked all hotels, organized all transfers, and a lot of sightseeing in all our destinations. Cars & drivers were all great, our trekking guide in Kalaw fabulous, and the few glitches that happened were quickly fixed. Hla Oo, the director, is extremely dynamic and helpful.