We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lethwei

London, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Lethwei

I am very interested in going to Myanmar to train in the martial art Lethwei'.

However, I can't find much information about gyms online - Only one gym seems to have a website. I would like to ask if anyone knows the locations Gyms in Myanmar and also the average training fees and training hours?

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lethwei

Such a special interest !

Thuwunna Stadium (about 10 min drive from Yangon downtown) is a typical place for several types of Myanmar sports and there is an office of traditional Lethwei association down in the Yangon CBD, the right place to seek a good trainer for you. I think prior request for appointment with the instructor would be necessary. The expert (instructor) will take you to a private gym selected for your training. You can send me a private message if I can be of assistance

Good luck!

V.K

Good luck!

V.K

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lethwei

There are about 4 letwei clubs in and around Yangon. But none of them can explain you in English except Thu Ti Boxing school, the one you saw on the net.

As far as I know it is arranged by vice chairman of Myanmar Traditional Boxing Federation and trained by Lone Chaw, former champion. They charged 5,000 Kyats/ hr.

3. Re: Lethwei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 06:18