We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Agents

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recommended Agents

Hi, I have received two suggested itineraries from two agents for an upcoming trip to Myanmair in late October. One from wwwexoticvoyages.com and the other from wwwasiacentrallink.com who also seem to be wwwtravelsinmyanmar.com.

Have any other travellers used these companies lately and and can they recommend them?

Thanks and wait to hear

John532

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Agents

Are these itinerary prices including International air fares or just the arrangements in Myanmar?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Agents

Just the arrangements in Myanmair. My previous post started a bit of a spat SS which is why I started this new one. Would be extremely grateful of your opinion!!

John532

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
718 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Agents

I was just in Myanmar in March/April 2013.

I was lucky to have used the best agent on the Internet, as I was told by the guides there.

I used Indochina Odyssey Tours.com (IOT) and the travel counselor assigned to me was Sadie Lee. I took care of the International flights from the USA and back.

She took care of all details including my Myanmar flights and flights from Bangkok (Bangkok Air) to Yangon (round trip). I was impressed with the service, hotels, guides, drivers and itinerary. I will use them again, when I go back there. Feel free to ask me questions.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Agents

Just back from a 4D3N trip from Yangon two days ago. As usual, I read and obtain loads and loads of advice and information from Tripadvisor. Lin Lin is one driver cum guide who was strongly recommended and I have no regrets having his services. He was very quick in his email replies to me and was very helpful in providing much detailed information and recommendations. And he actually go out all the way to bring us (wife, 2 kids and me) to some of the less-known places for visits and food. Thanks to him too that we got to observe the monks' activities in one monastery. He also helped by speaking to a senior monk for us to donate a monk-robe. In short our trip was made more meaningful and with deeper insight of Myanmar because we had Lin Lin's services. His charges are most reasonable and he often does drive his guests all the way to Mandalay, Inle Lake and other areas in his well-maintained air-condition 2000 cc car. Being young and still energetic (early 30+), he is willing to accompany his guests who wish to trek all the way from base camp to the Golden Rock. Lin Lin email is linlin700@googlemail.com or he can be contacted at 0943032753 and 09420029736. Do pm me for further information if required.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
189 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended Agents

Just back from yangon - June 2013.

Had used Lin Lin as guide/driver.

Agree with Cikguchin. You will not regret using Lin Lin as your guide/driver in Yangon.

He is very good.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended Agents

Someone,somewhere,someday will answer the OP rather than recommend alternative Agents!

SS

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended Agents

could you be so kind to mention hotels torurs,etc

We are two chilean couples on our sixties plannig to visit Myanmar late october for about 2 weeks

thank you

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended Agents

yes its me

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended Agents

Thanks SS I agree. I have two 10 day itineraries from two agents, One from wwwexoticvoyages.com and the other from wwwasiacentrallink.com who also seem to be wwwtravelsinmyanmar.com. I would be interested in anyone who has used those agencies before not simply to recommend a alternative guide/driver!

Hope to hear soon!!

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended Agents

John-I haven't used either of the 2 agencies that you mentioned but I did submit a inquiry form to a link that had been posted by myanmarguide. I received over 40 quotes for our trip which is for 28 nights, 29 days.

The form I filled in was very specific. I stated our preferred hotels for each stated destination with the number of nights I wanted. I indicated I was only interested in getting info for pricing on hotels, internal flights-there were 5, boat from Bagan to Mandalay, and perhaps a driver for the 2 day, 1 night stop I wanted for Golden Rock. My destinations were Yangon, Golden Rock-Bagan-Mandalay-Inle Lake-Ngapali-Mrauk U.

Exotic Voyages (there is a current review on this forum) submitted a beautifully presented package but it was for a guided tour for the 2 of us. Did give us 2 option prices- $4681 pp or $5923 pp. Believe the hotels listed in opt. 2 were higher rated. It also included 7 lunches as well as breakfast every day. The propose itinerary was Yangon-Golden Rock-Hpa An-Mawlamyine-Pindaya-Kalaw-Inle Lake-Bagan-Ngapali-Sittwe-Mrauk U. It was a great package but I wanted to be able to sightsee on my own.

Asia Central Link also submitted a proposal to me. Very simple 1 page with 3 options. #1 was accomodations, guide, transfer & sightseeing, entrance fees, boat from Bagan to Mandalay, domestic flights for $4464 pp. #2 only difference was flight from Bagan to Mandalay instead of boat with price of $4484 pp. #3 same with boat from Bagan to Mandalay and Balloons Over Bagan for $4797 pp. This agent gave me the hotels I had listed except for the one in Bagan (maybe no rooms available?) and my listed destinations with the correct number of nights at each. However this also was for guides and I haven't been able to find any reviews on this agency.

What I did find is that for those agents who gave me prices for hotels, flights, boat, option of driver for GR only-no guides, etc. the prices were very similar. It wasn't like one was really less expensive than another. I also was surprised at how fast these proposals came to me-within a few days after I submitted my form.

I think you will have a great trip no matter which agent you choose. Have you considered any local agents based in Yangon? I got so many responses from them.

I hope you will get some replies from those who have used the 2 you mentioned. There is that current one running with a review of Exotic Voyages.

Edited: 24 June 2013, 20:24