We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet Slow Down

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
Save Topic
Internet Slow Down

According to the news, internet connection will be slow down in Myanmar due to fiber optic cable problem. It may last one month. So be patient.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,839 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet Slow Down

And here was me thinking that I have a problem in the UK

We live in the country so our broadband comes down our telephone line and we have no chance of getting high speed internet in our area-we are one of the 6% in the country that will miss out on the national fiber optic cable roll out.

I panicked last night when my download speed dropped to 2.21 Mbps (.172 upload) and was expecting a big row as I planned to have a go at my provider this morning.

However when I switched on this morning and did a speed test it was 5.69Mbps ( .470 upload) so I was more than happy.

Incidentally,my Doctor pal who lives in a local village has cable and has just been uprated to 120Mbps!!

Oh to dream...

SS

Kymm

why not acknowledge all emails received the same day-at least people will know you have received them and then get your fax and phone out!

Edited: 24 July 2013, 19:56
Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,098 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet Slow Down

My local friends are pulling out their hair, that is too bad! It would make me crazy, too!

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet Slow Down

Oh thankyou for this. I have been trying to email Temples of Dynasty tour company and the email keeps coming back to me. Also have been trying to contact them by telephone but keep getting a recorded message stating the service is temporarily unavailable, call back later.

could this be a related problem?

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,098 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet Slow Down

Yes.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,839 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet Slow Down

So now we know

http://www.irrawaddy.org/archives/41013

and

mmtimes.com/index.php/business/technology/75…

SS

Edited: 30 July 2013, 22:59
Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,098 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Internet Slow Down

It made me wonder, how could it possibly get any slower than it originally was? I had my ipad with me and attempted to use the internet a few times on my last trip there but it was so slow the sites timed out... :-(

The things we take for granted. :-)

bristol uk
Level Contributor
845 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Internet Slow Down

surely it couldnt get any slower than Ethiopia,when i was there in April this year for 3 weeks

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,098 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Internet Slow Down

I will try it in Tanzania, whern I am there in 2 weeks. :-)

9. Re: Internet Slow Down

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 05:19