We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myanmar Delight and Dr. Zin - Tour company

British Columbia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Myanmar Delight and Dr. Zin - Tour company

My husband and I used the services of Dr. Zin’s travel agency Myanmar Delight when we travelled to Myanmar in January 2013. We had an amazing trip and were very happy to meet Dr. Zin when we were in the Yangon portion of our trip. We found the travel advice she provided to be very good and one of the best elements of her service is that she replies so promptly to emails. This can be very difficult to find when trying to plan travel in Myanmar. We were happy with all of our guides and each one of them tried their very best and had great personalities. We had many wonderful experiences and always felt safe everywhere we went. One thing I would especially like to mention is how trustworthy Dr. Zin is. As we were coming from Canada and travelling to other places prior to Myanmar, we did not want to bring a wad of US cash with us to pay for the tour. Therefore, I sent all of the payment via wire transfer (it was my request to do this, I realize, a bit of a risk, but felt comfortable enough with the research I had done on Dr. Zin and her company). There was no need to worry at all, as there were no issues. Everything was booked and provided exactly as we had arranged. Also, when we were in the Inle Lake region, we had the opportunity to tour a local school where our tour guide’s wife worked as a teacher (again, at our request). We were very moved by the lack of resources for these kids and so when we arrived back in Canada, we were able to arrange for buying some books at a store in Yangon and having them sent to this school. Dr. Zin assisted us with that, with absolutely no gain for herself, and in fact gave of her own time to help us make this happen. Given the history of this country, we felt really happy to support a woman who would give of herself in such a way. Feel free to message me if you want any further details.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,853 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myanmar Delight and Dr. Zin - Tour company

There are already many threads on Myanmar Delight including this one,found by using the above search feature

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294190-i9408-k5…

Shellharbour...
Level Contributor
173 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myanmar Delight and Dr. Zin - Tour company

Glad she provided good service to you. She quoted me then has chosen to ignore every email since!.

Grass Valley...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myanmar Delight and Dr. Zin - Tour company

Davo 1965-

I, too, have not received return emails from Dr. Zin since Aug. 20th. I am so surprised, because she responded promptly to my initial email and to the several that followed as we worked out an intinerary. I have sent multiple emails to all of the email addresses listed on her website, but still nothing. I hope she is OK.

Scotts Head...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Myanmar Delight and Dr. Zin - Tour company

I have just returned to Australia from a 12 day trip through Myanmar. I used Dr Zin and Myanmay Delight for the complete deal, travelling as an individual. I had drivers every day and guides on most days. The whole thing went like clockwork, much to my amazement - I expected a few hiccups but none eventuated. The drivers and guides were v good and the sightseeing arrangements were great.

In the lead up the emails were a bit sloppy (you need to check the detail) but they got better as we went and there was always quick response. The hotels were good although I never thought to specify a star rating, which probably would have saved me from one bad night (they were trying to save me money). This issue was fixed immediately. All in all a wonderful experience, well planned and executed - I would recommend them highly.

Tony H

Edited: 28 August 2014, 08:20
Beccles, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myanmar Delight and Dr. Zin - Tour company

I used Myanmar Delight last year and am in the process of using them again.

I cannot praise them enough and am sometimes astonished at their patience as we change our minds about small (and sometimes not so small) details.

Almost unfailingly they reply quickly.

Dr Zin is a philanthropic woman and Has a team of young staff , many of whom come from remote Pa O villages. She gives them somewhere to live and teaches them the skills of being travel agents - some are now very experienced.

Inevitably there are occasional hiccups but in general I have found them all to be very professional and accommodating.

I'm really sorry that not everyone has had such a good experience.

Save Reply
6. Re: Myanmar Delight and Dr. Zin - Tour company

i need the email of Dr Zingto emaill ;estibb10@walla.co.il

7. Re: Myanmar Delight and Dr. Zin - Tour company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2015, 08:19