We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very fast visa turn around

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Very fast visa turn around

Hello to All,

I just wanted to post a timeline for receipt of our tourist visas. Seems like very fast service from the Myanmar embassy in D.C. We mailed two visa applications, 2 passports, four passport photos (two for each person), Air Asia flight itinerary, travel invitation itinerary letter from Myanmar Delight, self addressed return envelope and one U.S. postal money order in the amount of 40 USD for two visas. They were sent priority mail both ways with certified mail tracking to Washington D.C. from San Francisco on 8/24. The package was delivered to the embassy on 8/26. Received passports with visas in the mail today, 8/30. Total of six days, two of which were a Saturday and a Sunday. The visas are stamped as of 8/27 with 3 months validity.

Peace, Evan

uk
Level Contributor
162 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very fast visa turn around

This seems almost the norm now. Last year the embassies were overwhelmed by the unexpected increase in numbers, and visas could take 3 weeks, Friends in the embassy told me they have had a big recruiting and training drive and are now well staffed, with people sitting twiddling their thumbs- which is I suppose why my uk visa arrived in 4 days

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
821 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very fast visa turn around

It is good to know that the speed to make visa is faster now in US

3. Re: Very fast visa turn around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2014, 06:20