We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Tour Agencies in Myanmar

California
Level Contributor
735 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Top Tour Agencies in Myanmar

Dear members and trip experts:

While I have found a few recommended Myanmar tour agencies here on the forums, I would like more recent recommendations for the top highly recommended tour agents to plan for our visit in November. We would like to visit for 8days/ 7 nights to the top 4 or highlights of the country, I think are: Mandalay, bagan, inle lake, and Yangon if that's correct.

I think there were 7 or so highly recommend ones, so if the destination experts can please confirm with me which those are or if any members have had some recent really good experiences with tour agents to arrange for a trip- I would greatly appreciate the information.

We are potential visitors coming from the United States arriving first in Vietnam. We would arrange only for the tour to Myanmar from Vietnam, then with our own travel arrangements will visit Cambodia, and go back to Vietnam and then back to the United States.

Many thanks

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
824 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top Tour Agencies in Myanmar

Hi VG247,

First of all, you have very good ideas of Myanmar major attractions and 8days/7 nights is just very matched to tour Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay and Inle Lake.

I would reconfirm that amongst all agencies that are often recommended here, Onestop is the most favourable. Mr. Kyaw is also a destination expert as you can see from the right column. He takes well care of the tour and be in touch whenever you need.

California
Level Contributor
735 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top Tour Agencies in Myanmar

Thanks so much for the quick response and insight on Mr Kyaw. I will communicate with him for Myanmar tour information

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top Tour Agencies in Myanmar

I have just returned from 11 days ,we used Myanmar Delight there were 6 of us we don't usually use agents but I think you need to in Myanmar, we payed for 3 star and were pleasantly surprised with the stranded we received the local guides were great as we're drivers . Dr Zin is an excellent agent.you will not need agents in Vietnam or Cambodia they are really set up for tourists where Myanmar is still learning.

California
Level Contributor
735 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top Tour Agencies in Myanmar

Many thanks JKaussi, we will also communicate our tour needs with Myanmar Delight and see what the offer in terms of price and packaging as well.

Cheers

5. Re: Top Tour Agencies in Myanmar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 18:05
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
84 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top Tour Agencies in Myanmar

My husband and I just returned from 15 days in Myanmar with a trip that was booked through Santa Maria Travel. We had our itinerary in mind already as well as the hotels that we wanted to stay in. They helped us book all the hotels, internal flights, and arranged most of the drivers. The drivers they arranged for us were all very professional and informative enough to be semi-guides. Fortunately, we didn't experience any mishaps so I can't say how good they are at travel crisis management but they were very responsive throughout the planning process and everything was organized seamlessly.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top Tour Agencies in Myanmar

We are also in the process of organising a trip for this november and have been communicating with Myanmar Delight and have found Dr Zin to be very responsive and helpful.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top Tour Agencies in Myanmar

First, many many thanks to all who provide advice on the forum. It has been invaluable as we plan trip for next February.

RE: Top Agents: we sent our specific itinerary of flights and hotels to 12 agents. The following, in no particular order, responded quickly, professionally, and with competitive pricing: Myanmar Delight, Myanmar Shalom, OneStop, Columbus, and TourMandalay. Some gave complete pricing breakdown which was very helpful for evaluating all. We would not hesitate to go with any of the above. [Usually do own bookings, but not for Myanmar.]

Santa Maria Travel never answered.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top Tour Agencies in Myanmar

First, many thanks to all who have given advice on this forum and answered our P.M.s. Has been so helpful as we prepare trip to Myanmar for February.

RE: Top Tour Agencies. We sent out a specific itinerary for flights and hotels to 12 agents. The following, in no particular order, replied quickly, professionally, and with competitive pricing: Myanmar Delight, Myanmar Shalom, OneStop, Columbus Travel, TourMandalay. We would not hesitate to book with any of these. [We usually do our own bookings, but not for Myanmar yet.]

Santa Maria Travel never replied.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
84 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top Tour Agencies in Myanmar

Chavaniac -

Sorry to hear that re: Santa Maria. We had such a good experience with them during our planning and trip. Whichever company you choose, have a great trip in February!