We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any up to date VOA info?

xgx
london
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Topic
any up to date VOA info?

is there Visa on Arrival if I fly into Yangoon from Bangkok? Or should I secure a visa in Bangkok first or in my home country? I

'd prefer to do it in Bangkok if I have to get a visa first as my travel plan to Myanmar is not a definite yet. If I do it in Bangkok, is there any reputable agency you could recommend, normally how long will it take?

If I would like to cross into china from Myanmar (assuming I get chinese visa done), any special permit I have to obtain first in Yangoon? any reputable agents? how long will it take to arrange for that, and how much for 2 people (we won't stay that long in Yangoon, probably 3-4days).

my appreciation for any suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
16,589 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any up to date VOA info?

There is no tourist VOA,unless you fly in on MAI from Cambodia or China (see their web site)

http://maiair.com/

You can pay an Agent $50+$20fee for a Pre-Arranged Visa,collected on arrival but a recent poster quoted a 2 hour wait in the queue on arrival whilst those with a Visa in their passport were through in minutes.

Best alternatives are to get as Visa in London (easy turnaround-8 days by post at present-see post 212 onwards) or in Bangkok.

See Top Questions (later posts) on getting the Visa for procedures and costs

hope this helps

SS

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
2. Re: any up to date VOA info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 06:22