We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip in October 2013

Sai Gon
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Trip in October 2013

Dear all,

After a 3 months since my last trip abroad, I am so excited to work out a trip to Myanmar this October. I am from Vietnam, and going to go to Yangon at the end of this Oct for a week.

Since the In/Out flight costs me a lot, I need to save $$$ from hotel & others for ticket! I am so much grateful to have your advice.

Below is my proposed itinerary, I am open for any suggestion for a better routing please:

Day 1: Arrive in Yangon in the afternoon. Spend 1st night in Yangon

Day 2: Morning train from Yangon to Mandalay. (From 6:00am to 20:00) – such a long trip, but I hope we will enjoy the journey

Day 3: Visit Mandalay & Surroundings. Is it easy to rent a bike or hire a taxi on arrival? Any suggestion please?

Day 4: We are going to travel to Bagan. Some recommended a river cruise (Shwe Keinnery River Cruise). It seems so interesting for us to join in various means of transportation! Also, I am not sure if there is other way to reach to Bagan from Mandalay, bus for example?

Day 5: Visiting Bagan & surroundings: again, I am not sure if it’s easy to explore the place by our own?

Day 6: Visit Inle Lake. Where should we stay this night? I think Inle Lake area are so near to the airport in Heho?

Day 7: Heho – back to Yangon.

We will need to go back to Yangon for our flight back home on Day 8. Checking on some options and many members recommended flight, but I can not find any schedule there….?

Could you all advise me if bus or train also available for this route? If possible, we like to take the night bus so that we can arrive early next day!

Day 8: visiting some sites before noon flight back home.

My general questions are:

• How much is it for the ticket (train, boat, flight) for my route?

• Which hotel at each place that we should book? We are all traveling in tight budget, so a hotel from 30$-35$ would be the best choice for us! 

• Is it easy to book the train & cruise ticket when I arrive at the place? I am afraid of fully-booked status!

• Entrance fee, Sim Card for telephone and interest access: since we need to work during the trip or our boss will sack us, so internet access is so important. Can you tell me if these fee are high?

Sai Gon
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip in October 2013

Can anyone help me please....

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip in October 2013

May I recommend you read through Top Questions and use the search feature (ie "SIM") as all the answers to your questions are there. Also the top toolbar has hotel reviews and things to do.

And then contact an Agent.

If you have any specifics then please post again.

SS

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip in October 2013

Day 2 - take the bus instead....cheaper, quicker and more comfortable. your guesthouse can book ticket.

3 - easy to rent pushbikes, also can rent motorbikes...arrange thru your guesthouse or on the street. You can hire a taxi with driver...can also easily arranged thru your guesthouse.

4- boat to Bagan takes a while and isn't cheap, also only goes on certain days and might not be available when you want to go, or booked out.. You can get the bus from Mandalay to Bagan.

5 - you can hire pushbikes. You can hire a horse cart and driver for a day. You can also travel down the main road in local pick-ups, then jump off and on wherever you like and walk around from there.

6 - for Inle, most stay at Nyaungshwe, a town on the shores of the lake. Accommodation at places out on the lake is more expensive. Nyaungshwe is about 45min by taxi from Heho airport.

7 - you can take a overnight bus back to Yangon.

NTE: you don't; really have time to do all these properly...for eg..you don't allow travel time Bagan to Inle.

Buses are the cheapest travel, cheaper than train, boats, and planes. Recommend you take overnight buses wherever possible so you don't waste travel time during the day.

You should be able to book bus tickets (and train, boat) at short notice in October.

Rooms - you can get double room for that price, or less, in those places.

4. Re: Trip in October 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 14:37
5. Re: Trip in October 2013

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 October 2013, 17:35
Coventry
Level Contributor
16 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip in October 2013

Hi,

We went this time last year and were on a bigger budget so I cannot comment too much on accommodation or busses. But what I can suggest is that you pre book as much accommodation as you can. We heard/saw quite a few people wandering around wasting half of their time trying to find budget accommodation with free rooms.

Realistically I don't think you can do all of the places you want to. I wanted to do Mandalay but decided that I did not have time due to travel times despite the fact that I also had the luxury of flying between places. For example, to have time on the lake and the Indein village, if you start at 9am you'll be rushed to get back before dark.

On the plus side, evenings are quite quiet in Myanmar so getting any night bus would be a good idea and also saves the cost of accomodation.

I posted my itinery on this thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…53370678

All of our hotels had free internet so we didnt need to go else where and though it was slow I dont think it is an expensive thing but I cannot say for sure.

Enjoy your trip!

Edited: 10 October 2013, 14:45
Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip in October 2013

It is easy to rent a bike or hire a taxi on arrival. There are different ways to go to Bagan from Mandalay ( Boat, Bus ( 5 day times buses and 2 night times buses depend one bus companies) , Train ).

Bagan sightseeing is better idea with horse cart.

In Inle lake , you better stay in NyaungShwe , close to Lake and 1 hour drive to Heho.

Enjoy your trip in Myanmar

8. Re: Trip in October 2013

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 06:20