We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for UK citizen

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visa for UK citizen

I have a dilemma!

I am travelling to Myanmar on the 24th January and leave on the 4th February. As I need my passport for travel between 23rd Nov to 22nd December the only time I can apply for a 3 month visa is the 4th November and hope that I get my passport back for my travel plans in Nov or wait until the 23rd December and hope I get my passport back for the trip to Myanmar on the 24th Jan.

How long does it currently take for a visa from the UK embassy and when should I apply.

Thanks

John

6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa for UK citizen

I applied for my visa in June for travel in September not realising the 3 month limit, it took 5 days to get back to me. After waiting 2 weeks i applied again and got it back in 3 days. The entry stamp will be valid for 28 days even if you only have à couple of days left on the visa upon arrival . Hope that makes sense.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,719 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa for UK citizen

Currently reported as 5 day turnaround for personal applications and 8 days by recorded delivery.

Forget applying over the Christmas period- apply 3rd January or alternatively apply 5th November using the procedures on their web site and the later detailed posts in Top Questions to the right

SS

3. Re: Visa for UK citizen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 06:20