We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report - Nwar La Boh Pagoda near Mawlamyine

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report - Nwar La Boh Pagoda near Mawlamyine

Hi all,

The next installment of my trip report is up on my blog : …blogspot.com.au/2013/05/mawlamyine-nwar-la-…

It covers our trip to Nwar La Boh pagoda (or hump pagoda) on our way back to Yangon from Mawlamyine. It has heaps of photos.

Enjoy!

- K

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,701 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report - Nwar La Boh Pagoda near Mawlamyine

A lovely blog with some great photos of an area that many tourists have not yet reached.

The hard beds you describe remind me of Bhutan. We were warned in advance and carried a rolled up lilo and a foot pump which,as you can imagine, amused the locals greatly.

SS

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report - Nwar La Boh Pagoda near Mawlamyine

Thanks SS,

I don't mind a hard bed, and in SE Asia, you certainly come across some. But ones with wood planks that run across your back... not great.

We had friends that went out an bought thin foam mattresses to put on their very hard bed in Borneo - the look on the locals faces as they carried them out of the local store was priceless...

We so loved our 5 days around the southern area of Myanmar.. I'll be writing about Bagan, Mandalay and Inle next...

- K

3. Re: Trip report - Nwar La Boh Pagoda near Mawlamyine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 06:21