We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myanmar itinerary help.

Alor Setar, Malaysia
Level Contributor
186 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Myanmar itinerary help.

Hi, Will be arriving in Yangon on 11 Dec evening and leave for home on 17 Dec morning.

So I have a 5 full days + 1 night in Myanmar.

Plan to visit only Yangon and Bagan as I do not wish to rush too much this time.

Places which interest me include morning market, night market, plus all the must see in these 2 places.

Will be glad if someone can plan/ suggest an itinerary for me. I plan to travel to Bagan by bus from Yangon and back to Yangon.

Initial plan is:

11 Dec arriving. Night time in Yangon. ( where to go ?)

12 Dec: Whole day in Yangon. (Or leave for Bagan at night)

13Dec: In Bagan

14 Dec: In Bagan

15 Dec: In Bagan ( Night bus to Yangon )

16 Dec: In Yangon

17 Dec: Morning. Leave for home.

Any plan and detail itinerary is most appreciated . TQ

CKP

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myanmar itinerary help.

Looks fine to me. Don't know your age, budget, or physical condition, but you can easily hire a driver/driver + guide upon arrival. Maybe e-mail your hotel and request this prior to your departure so you can get going as soon as you arrive. In Yangon, it is very easy to walk aroudn on yor own, exploring pagodas & the market. For further-off temples, hop in a taxi. In Bagan, you can hire a horsecart for a day (slow, but fun and you can get your bearings of the town) and the next day, hire a bicycle. I have been to Bagan twice and was never in a car, used the bicycle every day. Great exercise, great scenery.

Bagan (phots in link at end of report)

tripadvisor.com/…30976893

More of Bagan (December 2012)

tripadvisor.com/…46808162

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Myanmar itinerary help.

Hi ckpeng04,

11 Dec( evening ) => Arrive Yangon: You can explore Shwedagon pagoda, China Town, Shopping centers by taxi at night time. Overnight in Yangon.

12 Dec => Also can go; National race village, Thanlyin and Kyauktan ( middle river pagoda ) by taxi. This trip take the whole day. You can arrive in Yangon at evening.

Yangon to Bagan, 2 night buses( Express & V.I.P ).

( Express ) Departure ---> 7 PM ----- Arrival ---> 4 AM, Fare is 15,000 MMK/pax.

( V.I.P ) Departure ---> 8 PM ----- Arrival ---> 5 AM, Fare is 18,000 MMK/pax.

You can buy bus tickets from government official local agents. Don't try broker agents( black guys ) on the road.

13 Dec to 15 Dec => Arrive Bagan; Explore by horse-cart, car and bike. You must take times to abserve many pagodas and temples in Bagan built by ancient kings. Also go to Bagan ancient museum; this place show ancient traditional items, pictures, statue, etc.,

Bagan to Yangon, Night buses are same time from above schedule.

16 Dec => If you have a time, mostly foreigners go to Bago by taxi. Also government official local agents can arrange for you.

Have a nice trip

ST

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Myanmar itinerary help.

Hi ckpeng04,

11 Dec( evening ) => Arrive Yangon: You can explore Shwedagon pagoda, China Town, Shopping centers by taxi at night time. Overnight in Yangon.

12 Dec => Also can go; National race village, Thanlyin and Kyauktan ( middle river pagoda ) by taxi. This trip take the whole day. You can arrive in Yangon at evening.

Yangon to Bagan, 2 night buses( Express & V.I.P ).

( Express ) Departure ---> 7 PM ----- Arrival ---> 4 AM, Fare is 15,000 MMK/pax.

( V.I.P ) Departure ---> 8 PM ----- Arrival ---> 5 AM, Fare is 18,000 MMK/pax.

You can buy bus tickets from government official local agents. Don't try broker agents( black guys ) on the road.

13 Dec to 15 Dec => Arrive Bagan; Explore by horse-cart, car and bike. You must take times to abserve many pagodas and temples in Bagan built by ancient kings. Also go to Bagan ancient museum; this place show ancient traditional items, pictures, statue, etc.,

Bagan to Yangon, Night buses are same time from above schedule.

16 Dec => If you have a time, mostly foreigners go to Bago by taxi. Also government official local agents can arrange for you.

Have a nice trip

ST

4. Re: Myanmar itinerary help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:17