We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer

new york
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfer

We are 2 women (mother and daughter 60, 21) traveling to Burma in December/January. I have just been quoted a heart stopping $90 PER PERSON for round trip airport transfers in each city we visit. That means $180 for Airport-Hotel-Airport x 5 = Almost $1000 for airport transfers. This sounds insane to me. Is it a misprint??? Will it be safe for us to get a taxi at the airport to our hotel in Yangon at 11pm? HELP!!!! I am shocked by the price I've been quoted.

Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfer

It is esay and safe for you to get a taxi from airport to your hotel.

N S
Nyaung Shwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaung Shwe
Level Contributor
616 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfer

Hi,

YGN taxi for airport transfer(2 times and from/to downtown area) will cost 20 US$.

Bagan(Nyaung Oo) taxi for airport transfer (2 times and from/to Old Bagan area) will cost 16 US$.

Mandalay taxi transfer (2 times and from/to 26th street-downtown area) will cost 40 US$.

Heho airport taxi transfer (2 times and from/to Nyaung Shwe) will cost 40 US$.

If you can't get taxi with those prices,you can contact to eversmile.ns.inle@gmail.com

Their services not bad.

Winterthur
Level Contributor
36 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfer

Aske also your Hotel, many of them have free pick up from the airport

4. Re: Airport Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 14:37
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,572 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfer

Sound information here,ignore your Agents quotes-they are a rip off-and do what everyone else does and use local taxis.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,572 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfer

win n

Please open up your "Private Messages" system so that we can communicate with you,some of your phone/email contacts do not exist which is arousing suspicions.

SS

7. Re: Airport Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 14:37
Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Transfer

That's crazy. You can just go out and get a cab at airports, or contact your hotels ahead of time. In either case it wont cost nearly that much, and cabs are not per person.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
23 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Transfer

We will be visiting in Dec 2014 (will post the itinerary in an appropriate forum). I have been quoted the following prices for airport transfer. Going by the above messages (albeit slightly dated, prices might have gone up/down in the meantime) they look reasonable?

Yangon (US$ 15)

Bagan (US$ 7)

Nyaung Shwe (US$ 17)

Sittwe (US$ 17)

Mrauk U from jetty (US$ 17)

Or am I planning too much and rather take taxis. I assume taxis charge the right price?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,572 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Transfer

I have heard of Agents quotes far,far higher ($30 for Yangon)

Cabs at Yangon are no more than $10 to downtown

Bagan is about right-I paid $5-$7

Heho to Nyaung Shwe sounds about right-I have heard the airport mafia asking for a lot more.

Sittwe and Mrauk U sound very expensive-a recent visitor may be able to advise but I would expect your hotel to arrange pickup

SS