We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inle Lake - really good?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Inle Lake - really good?

Hello,

Recently, I traveled to Myanmar and visited Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay. I did not make the trip to Inle lake. I met few travelers on the plane from Heho to Yangon and they said Inle Lake was nice.

I have seen many beautiful lakes around the world like Lake Tahoe in California, Crater Lake in Oregon (my favourite), Lakes in Bariloche, argentina, Lakes in Toress del Paine, Chili, Lakes near Mt. Fuji, japan.

Is Inle lake in the same league as the above lakes and worth seeing?

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,084 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inle Lake - really good?

Absolutely nothing as breathtaking as Crater Lake et al (I have been there) but it is what is on or around the lake that attracts tourists. Floating villages, ancient temple ruins, bustling weekly markets that move from village to village depending on the day, little hilltop temples... See some photos here

http://bit.ly/1hS5hSl

and

http://bit.ly/19z39PD

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inle Lake - really good?

The photos are nice. Now, I have a clear picture. Thanks.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inle Lake - really good?

Inle is such an amazing and a unique place. It is full of culture. You should visit if you have a chance. You can read about Inle and attractions around the lake here.

https://www.visitmm.com/inle/

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inle Lake - really good?

Thank you.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
99 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inle Lake - really good?

Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing. Question. I'm headed to Myanmar for a 14 day tour in February. I'm trying to decide which lenses to bring with my. I'm shooting a Canon 60D with a 1.6x magnification factor. I would like to only bring two of these three lenses: 10-22mm, 24-105mm, 100-400mm.

What would you suggest ????

Thank you very much for your thoughts.

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Inle Lake - really good?

Hi Joe,

I am also planning to visit Myanmar including Inle Lake next month. I use a Canon 5DMkII which unfortunately uses bigger and heavier lenses (full frame sensor) than the 60D. In your case, I suggest that if you are planning on carrying your tripod and have lots of time to take each shot (wildlife?), you could bring your 100-400 along because that would give you a nice 640 mm equivalent zoom. At high zooms, you need a very steady platform (not a car or a boat) and lots of light to get decent pictures. So I would suggest that you bring the 100-400 along as well but the other two are, in my opinion, essential. Have a great time at Inle (we ought to be there around 23-24 February) and Happy Clicking! Kind regards, Basu, New Delhi, India.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inle Lake - really good?

I suggest the 10 - 22 mm and 24-105mm are sufficient. I shot pictures with a canon 60d with 18-135mm lens and that was all the range I needed for taking pictures of stupas around the country and some landscapes in Bagan.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,084 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inle Lake - really good?

No need to travel with all that heavy stuff, an average DSLR plus a smallish telephoto will do.

9. Re: Inle Lake - really good?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 07:17