We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Report for Myanmar Visa Online serivces

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Report for Myanmar Visa Online serivces

I visited Myanmar ( Burma) last Nov 2013 with 2 of my friends. This is absolutely my favorite country in Asia.

Just a quick words to let you know how we got the Myanmar Visa online. I tried to contact 3 agencies after searching on google

1. www.myanmarvisa.com , they are very good, very easy to contact by phone and the person who answered our questions about visa was very nice also.

2. www.myanmarvisa.org , very responsive. We finally booked their service as they also work on weekend and during the evening time of Myanmar. They sent us the visa approval letter in 1 week.

3. www.myanmar-visa.org, it seems their service is more expensive than 2 others agencies mentioned. They do not have a phone contact so I just sent 1 email asking question, very slow response

I hope my post here gives you some clue to obtain Myanmar Visa online if you do not have time to visit Myanmar Embassy or consulate

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Report for Myanmar Visa Online serivces

What did you pay and how long did it take?

Edited: 10 January 2014, 10:20
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Report for Myanmar Visa Online serivces

Their service was $75/ person but we got $70/ person as we applied for 3 people. It was 1 week delivery service ( mentioned).

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,693 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Report for Myanmar Visa Online serivces

It's much cheaper through an embassy, and you have the visa stamp in your passport before you go.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Report for Myanmar Visa Online serivces

The service was included the visa stamp and it was for visa on arrival, I did not have visa until I arrived at Yangon airport

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,693 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Report for Myanmar Visa Online serivces

Yes, I think most of us know that the travel agencies can only do the "pre-arranged" visa.

It makes it much easier getting on any flight to just about anywhere in the world if you have the correct visa in your passport or on electronic record. That's not the case with a pre-arranged visa for Myanmar. It's best to get a visa from the embassy BEFORE you travel.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Report for Myanmar Visa Online serivces

Applying in advance may take time but only costs US$30...

Jersey-CI
Level Contributor
89 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Report for Myanmar Visa Online serivces

Post direct to the embassy and its 14 pounds ($20) each plus the cost of registered post either way

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
824 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Report for Myanmar Visa Online serivces

I think myanmar visa online is still useful if there is no embassy in your country or you have difficulties to visit the embassy for example, you are travelling and do not have a stable address to receive the post.

Embassies close at weekend and sometimes do not pick up the phone, it is good to have someone to keep in touch for your visa anyway.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Report for Myanmar Visa Online serivces

I think there are many ways to get Visas but Visa on arrival seems the most convenience for me and I would like to share with you.

I did not need to go embassy or any where, just stay at home. Printed out the Visa documents that they sent via email.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,693 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Report for Myanmar Visa Online serivces

There is no such thing as a "visa on arrival" for a tourist - only for business travellers.

You are confusing the issue by referring to a pre-arranged visa through a travel agent with the visa on arrival described on the Myanmar government website here: mofa.gov.mm/On-Arrival%20Visa%20Matters/Info…

But no, there's nothing "wrong" with getting a local travel agent to organise a pre-arranged visa for you. It just that a proper visa through the embassy is much cheaper, more helpful when getting on the flight to Myanmar and often just as quick to get.

You do not need to travel to the embassy to get your visa. You do it by printing off forms and posting them to the embassy in New York. It's all described in the Top Question on the right of this page.

Edited: 11 January 2014, 20:59