We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can i get my visa for myanmar in rome?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
can i get my visa for myanmar in rome?

Hi all,

I was planning on getting my visa for Myanmar in Bangkok, but I can save a few days (which I would like to do) if I could apply for the visa in Rome instead. I am Australian.

Does anyone know if this is possible? can anyone apply for a visa to Myanmar from any Myanmar embassy or is the Bangkok Myanmar embassy a special case?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,512 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can i get my visa for myanmar in rome?

I can only tell you that the London & Berlin Embassies accept applications from all nationalities

SS

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
826 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can i get my visa for myanmar in rome?

If you have time in Bangkok ( at least 1 week day), you can do it there. Otherwise, you can contact a local tour operator for pre-arranged visa on arrival though it is more expensive this way.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can i get my visa for myanmar in rome?

I was just in Myanmar in Jan 2014. Go to www.myanmarvisa.com. It's a legit site and you can do it all on line. You do need a passport photo (.jpg) and a copy of the first page of your passport - send it as an attachment in an email to them. I submitted my application (expedited) on Dec 17 and it was completed on Dec 21. $95. I wish I had gotten the cheaper (non-expedited) version because they are so efficient and it was so easy that I'm sure there is not much difference. They are VERY responsive (I had several email correspondences with them) and very helpful. Once at the airport, they are right there when you get off the plane. I was out of the terminal with my luggage in 15 minutes. Contrast this to the absolute nightmare that I had getting my India visa. Myanmar is fantastic. Stay as long as you can. The people are so friendly. Plan to leave Yangon as quickly as you can … not much there and crowded … and the hotels are very expensive (I stayed with friends).

4. Re: can i get my visa for myanmar in rome?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2015, 06:16