We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advance tour payment

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
advance tour payment

My friends and I are taking a trip to Myanmar on 25th March 2014. I am making a tour booking with SST Tourism Company Limited.The tour includes few domestic flights. I was asked to remit 50% before arrival if I confirm my booking. But I have not been informed on details instruction of remittance.

We are taking the connecting domestic flight shortly right after our arrival in Yangon airport. Therefore we need to prebook our tour and tickets as our time there is short and it is during peak season.

Please advice if this is safe to pay before arrival? Can I pay a minimum fee instead of 50%?

Thank you

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,712 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advance tour payment

The payment of a deposit is fairly normal for Myanmar. Some Agents ask for payment on arrival in cash $'s but many ask for 30% payable through their account in Singapore or Bangkok as true international banking, as yet, has not opened up fully in the country.

50% seems very high compared to other Agents mentioned in the forums.negotiate down quoting that you heard other Agents normally ask for far less and see how you get on.

SS

2. Re: advance tour payment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 06:18