We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agent to consider

Cannes, France
Level Contributor
401 posts
282 reviews
Save Topic
Agent to consider

We are just back from a trip that included 10 days in Myanmar, which was set up by Shalom Travel, who we found on TA. They have an office in New York as well as Yangon. Their choices of guides, etc. were excellent. The guide who met us at Mandalay airport, our point of entrance, had our visa on arrival ready for our signature and off we went to Ava for the rest of that day and then into Mandalay for the night. All our emails and questions were dealt with quickly and in excellent English by the Myanmar end. His name is Tin and he was terrific with suggestions and always giving us choices. The Guides that met us at the different stops were all very professional and would take us first to be sure all our pre booked plans were in order, like the Balloon over Bagan and our hotels. In Mandalay they had all of our flight tickets waiting at the hotel. We can't say enough about Tin and the team he uses. Shalom should be on the A list for consideration.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,158 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agent to consider

I have linked this to the long thread on Myanmar Shalom (note correct company name)

tripadvisor.co.uk/…56615853

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agent to consider

I am glad you had a nice experience with M.Shalom. We did not. We were in Myanmar the same time as you - this March for over 10 days - and encountered a number of problems related directly to how M.S. handled our visit. Just two examples: they failed to book us on the Bagan sunrise balloon tour despite our repeatedly asking for months; once in Bagan the rides (two) each day were sold out. The hotel assigned in Inle Lake was unacceptable - not on the Lake, in the center of town, ridden with mosquitos, only one small screen, hot as hell. Communication was poor between their Yangoon office and us while there.

You & I had different experiences with this company. I can not recommend M.S. but you would - others can take of our comments when planning their visit. Myanmar is fascinating and the freelance guides (not employees of M.S.) were terrific. My advice is to research alternative operators!

boca raton, fla
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agent to consider

Our experience with Myanmar shalom was great except for one unacceptable tour guide Snow. I advised Sammy of this and he replied. Everything ran smoothly from pick up,to return for our international flight. Our hotels were above average considering the accommodations in the country. I know that some others had bad experiences, but I can only speak for myself. We are so pleased,that we were able,to,experience this incredible country before,it is totally westernized. We were so,thankful that we were able to meet Moses when we visited the synogogue. Thank you for a memorable experience.

Edited: 01 July 2014, 23:12
4. Re: Agent to consider

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 20:36
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,158 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agent to consider

Thanks Rosie,some hotel reviews on your Myanmar trip would help future travellers

SS

6. Re: Agent to consider

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 20:36
7. Re: Agent to consider

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2016, 05:15