We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in Myanmar

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
303 posts
203 reviews
Save Topic
10 days in Myanmar

Have more or less finalize my solo trip in May 2014.  

Day 1  - Arrive Yangon at around 10.30am.  Depart to Bagan via JJ Express at 8pm.

Day 2 - Arrive Bagan (staying at Zfreeti Hotel)

Day 3 - Bagan

Day 4 - Bagan to Mandalay via Ye Thu Aung bus at 8am

Day 5 - Arrive Mandalay (staying at Yadanarbon Hotel)

Day 6 - Mandalay to Taungyi via Shwe Nan Daw bus at 6.30pm

Day 7 - Inle (staying at Aquarius Inn)

Day 8 - Taungyi to Yangon via Shwe Taung yoe or Taung paw Thar bus at 6pm

Day 9 - Yangon (Staying at Hotel Grand United Chinatown)

Day 10 - Depart Yangon

Wanted to check the following: 

1) if the itinerary is feasible

2)  are these more comfortable VIP buses?  I got the info from a agent and I told her I wanted something more comfortable and luxurious as I do not mind to pay a little bit more.

3) if the bus stations in each area is near the hotel I am staying - is it in walking distance or do I need to take a transport to reach.  Understand the night bus will arrive at very early morning so is it safe for a single lady to walk?

3) for Day 1, I have many hours to kill after arriving in Yangon before I catch the night bus to Bagan at 8pm.  How far is the airport to the bus station?  Is there any day room available to rest or is there anywhere I can leave my trolley luggage so that I could do a short walk around Yangon?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

N S
Nyaungshwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaungshwe
Level Contributor
620 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in Myanmar

I don't know about your hotel in BGN(Zfreeti) but most of the VIP buses will transport from your hotel to bus terminal with FOC.

Many VIP buses run between big 4 (YGN-MDY-BGN-INLE)

The Companies I know are Shwe Mandalar,Golden Shuttle,Shwe Nandaw,JJ,E-lite,New Mandalar Tun,Yan Gyi Aung,Mann Thitsar,Taung Pyar Tan and more.

May is not ahigh season,so you can get your bus ticket easily.

The bad thing is you can't take day bus between MDY and INLE.You will miss some nice scenery.

Any way,your itinerary is good.

Have anice trip.

NS

Den Haag
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in Myanmar

You have only 9 full days in Burma - and many long bus trips.

I would just drop Mandalay and go straight from Bagan to Inle (Nyaung Shwe, not Taunggyi).

One more big plus: Inle lake is in the mountains and very cool at night, as May is the hottest month in Burma.

Cheers, Rolf

Edited: 25 April 2014, 08:31
Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,114 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days in Myanmar

I agree wiht Rolf, you are attempting to do waaaay too many things and Bagan as well as Inle deserve at least 3 days each for sightseeing. Eliminate Mandalay and also consider taking a morning flight so you can arrive at yoru destination and have a full day of sightseeing. Buses are fine for people who have several weeks of travel...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
303 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days in Myanmar

Thanks everyone for your input. I do not want to skip Mandalay as i am interested to see U-Bein bridge, the Teak Monastry and Mingun. Chances are I will not be able to return to Myanmar again soon for another visit so I hope to cover the big 4. Maybe I will extend another night in Inle.

Rolf - I was quoted the bus from Mandalay will end in Taunggyi.

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 days in Myanmar

Dear NSEL,

I am J.Soh(F) from Kuala Lumpur, want to know if I can join u for Myanmar trip. When are u going ? I plan to go on 11 May -24 May. Looking frwd to yr reply soonest.

Mentioned in this post
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
303 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 days in Myanmar

Hi Jean, I have sent you q pte msg.

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 days in Myanmar

Hi NSEL,

Below is my suggestion and that will be comfort for your trip.

Day 1 - Arrive Yangon at around 10.30am. Depart to Bagan via JJ Express at 8pm.

You can have lunch and visit Yangon till about 6 pm. Rent one taxi and visit yangon then evening go to bus station. If you want to rest, day use hotel price also will be expensive and I hope you did not tired when arrive direct from Singapore.

Day 2 - Arrive Bagan (staying at Zfreeti Hotel)

Bus can drop you at hotel. You have to request for early check-in.

Day 3 - Bagan

Day 4 - Bagan to Mandalay via Ye Thu Aung bus at 8am

You can arrive about 2 pm and can visit Mandalay at evening.

Day 5 - Arrive Mandalay (staying at Yadanarbon Hotel)

Visit Mandalay-Amarapura-Ava-Sagaing.

Day 6 - Mandalay to Taungyi via Shwe Nan Daw bus at 6.30pm

Better take small van to Nyaung Shwe. Leave from Mandalay 9am, arrive inle 5 pm.

Day 7 - Inle (staying at Aquarius Inn)

Visit Inle lake.

Day 8 - Taungyi to Yangon via Shwe Taung yoe or Taung paw Thar bus at 6pm

Better stay in inle one more night. And better go back to yangon by tomorrow flight. Because from inle to yangon bus is 16 hours.

Day 9 - Yangon (Staying at Hotel Grand United Chinatown)

Day 10 - Depart Yangon

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
303 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 days in Myanmar

Thanks HappyMyanmar.

Just to clarify:

1) Arrive in Bagan - you wrote that bus can drop me at my hotel.  Which bus are you talking about?

2) for the 1.5 days in Mandalay, I am thinking is it possible to visit these 4 places - U Pein bridge, the teak monastery,  Kuthodaw Paya (the biggest book in the world), Bagaya Kyaung (The Teak Monastery) and Mingun.   Any suggestion?

3) Small van to Nyaung Shwe - that will be 1 full day on travel.  I prefer to do night travel.  Is it very far from Taungyi to Naung Shwe?  I will stay 1 more day in Nyaung Shwe.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
303 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 days in Myanmar

Just some updates:

I have managed to book my bus tickets via JJ Bus FB. I sent them private message and they replied very promptly. Just need to provide them with name and passport no. They also advised that payment is only made when I arrive at the gate.

https://www.facebook.com/jjexpressbus.

So i have booked the following segments with JJ bus and they have sent me the confirmation:

1) Yangon-Bagan sector (depart at 8pm) - 18,000kyats

2) Mandalay -Taunggyi (Inle). The Mandalay-Taunggyi sector is new and will be launched on 15 May. It depart at 10pm. - 10,500 kyats

3) Taunggyi-Yangon (depart at 5.30pm) - 18,000kyats

10. Re: 10 days in Myanmar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 12:18