We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to Myanmar

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
First trip to Myanmar

Hi there

My wife and I are planning a trip to Myanmar during our several months explore of Asia but have absolutely no idea where to start with this slightly mysterious country. We are planning to visit for approximately 2 weeks but are flexi on length of time. We would be so grateful for any ideas and advice. Many thanks in advance.

James

Mentioned in this post
Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,118 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to Myanmar

Hi James

Prior to askign very general questions on forums when I plan a trip to a destination I've never visited, I do a LOT of research on the internet. There is a lot of information out there, and you can see exactly what kinds of things interest you, choose the amount of time you need to see and do that, and then get down to planning some sort of itinerary. Peruse these forumms for starters, you can get a lot of information.

That said, after I post this you will be getting a lot of random itineraries from agents who like to tout here, kindly ignore them and decide for yourself what YOU ant to do, at what pace and incorporating a budget you are comfortable with.

Once you have a basic itinerary down, come back and we will be more than happy to help you fine-tune it.

Cheers

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip to Myanmar

Many thanks-very good advice. I will do exactly that and come back to the forum after a bit more research. Thanks again for your time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip to Myanmar

Hi there,

Also, do check out the 'Top Questions' link on the right hand side of this page for lots of helpful info and previous travellers' trip reports too.

Enjoy the researching and do post back when you need more specific info.

- K

kgbtravels.blogspot.com.au

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First trip to Myanmar

Hi James,

First trip to Myanmar should include the major destinations like Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay, Inle lake. Around these major cities, there are some interesting places to extend your trip. To design your trip, also depends on your arrival season to Myanmar. At the moment is very hot in middle country ( about 42C). But fine again in winter from october to february.

So, if you have nearest arrival time, I can suggest more detail.

Mentioned in this post
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon Region, Myanmar
Bagan
Bagan
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Mandalay
Mandalay
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Inle Lake
Inle Lake
2,348 Reviews
Nyaungshwe, Myanmar
5. Re: First trip to Myanmar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 05:16