We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would you pay for your up front ????

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Would you pay for your up front ????

would you pay for your your up-front ?

our agent what's money paid in full one month before we arrive !!

30% down now !!

so i send $4000 for our 2 week tour ! would i see them again ?

anyone else paid up before you arrived ?

cannot get my head around it help !!

One Bagan Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Grasshopper Adventures
Bike Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Food Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Grasshopper Adventures
Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would you pay for your up front ????

Is your agent/agency one of the ones that gets good reviews here? You can also type the name in the search engine box and see what comes up. I know there are several recommended agencies that do require up front payments.

I used One Stop and didn't have to pay any thing until we arrived in Yangon. We were met at the airport, taken to the office where we handed over pristine US bills and given vouchers for hotels, tickets for flights, and papers for the balloon flight in Bagan. I trusted that all would be ok because this agency gets good reviews as do many others. All the vouchers, flt. tickets-everything-was accepted by the hotels, etc. and our trip turned out great. I haven't posted my trip report yet as I'm still working on Cambodia but I can say now that I would use this agency again and can recommend them from our experience. We were in Myanmar for 28 nights-Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay, Inle Lake, Ngapali, Mruak U.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,110 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would you pay for your up front ????

I have never paid in advance for ANYTHING I have ever booked. Beware.

Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
16,305 posts
387 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would you pay for your up front ????

Paying a deposit is normal for tours in Myanmar (My pal M-k is more DIY) and Agents have different payment policies. Some 50% deposit,some 30% and some $ cash on arrival.In peak season over Christmas and New Year some hotels insist on payment up front so the Agents have to insist this on.

There are many ,many posts confirming Agents deposit payments through Banks in Singapore and Bangkok as being the norm.

The payment terms you mention are onerous and I would find another Agent-certainly some of those frequently recommended here ask for 30% deposit,balance on arrival which to be honest is far more generous than a UK Agent who would ask for all up front 8 weeks before departure!

There have been no reported problems with any of the frequently recommended Agents here on default or lack of performance on prepaid tours.

ps I hope it will be drier in Myanmar for your visit than in Redditch today......

Edited: 08 May 2014, 23:06
Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
4. Re: Would you pay for your up front ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 07:16