I am planning to visit Myanmar for 7 days from 18 to 24 June 2014.
I will fly to Yangon on 18/06 and fly out from Mandalay on 24/06. I am planning to cover the most popular tourist destinations including Yangon, Inle Lake, Bagan and Mandalay.
My brief planned itinerary is Yangon-Inle Lake-Bagan-Mandalay. Since it is monsoon season in June, I am not quite sure how rains might affect the roads and flights. Can someone please give me some suggestions? Is this practical? More concerned about the raining season.
Day 1 Yangon
Day 2 Yangon or overnight bus to Inle Lake
Day 3 Fly to Inle Lake or Inle Lake
Day 4 Inle Lake and overnight bus to Bagan
Day 5 Bagan
Day 6 Bagan to Mandalay
Day 7 Mandalay
1. Yangon to Inle Lake, what is the best way of going there for my tight schedule? Overnight bus on day 2 or fly on day 3?
2. Is there a overnight bus from Inle Lake to Bagan?
3. What is the best way of going to Mandalay from Bagan? Not a fan of ferry/boat, so will either take bus or train.
4. How much local currency should I exchange for my 7-day trip? And where is the best place to do it?
5. Does local SIM card have internet? Doubt it..