We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Trip Report to Myanmar

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Topic
My Trip Report to Myanmar

Hi All,

Thank you all of you, wonderful people who have helped and also encouraged me to take a trip to Myanmar. I had a brilliant time and here is my trip report which has pictures and tips :)

…travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

I also thank Soe Soe who arranged the taxi with the driver Fatty, his son Pho Se was good guide who looked after me very well; I was able to do Mandalay, Pyin Oo Lwin, Mingun, Sagaing, Innwa and Amaputra in short time with Soe Soe`s help. I stayed in Hotel Yadanaban which is really good hotel with excellent service.

In Bagan, I stayed in Ruby True hotel which was very nice with good service and Nyunt Win took me to see the temples. He is an excellent gentleman, I saw many pagodas and I leant a bit about Buddhism from him. I had contacted him thorough tripadvisor recommendation and I am so pleased I did, he also gave me a present which I will treasure always.

In Yangon Taxi driver from the airport called Thwin Gyi from the golden brothers took me sightseeing around Yangon for short while and took me back to airport. Thwin Gyi is very sweet and as I was having problem finding a good dollar note ( I had various currencies as I had been on a brief trip around the world ) on the last day, he said he will take me for free and he was poor (he rents a taxi to make a living). I managed to find one good dollar note and I had plenty of Thai Bhat so I made sure, I tipped him well. I stayed in Culver centre hotel which was in excellent location so I was able to do some sightseeing myself.

Both my cards did not work in Myanmar so I relied on the crisp dollar notes.

I took mainly the taxis which was the best thing as I was able to cover a lot in brief time and also the Ac helped in the sweltering heat.

Thank you once again everyone and if anyone has any questions I will be happy to help.

Cheers

Smeets

Edited: 18 May 2014, 10:14
Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,084 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Trip Report to Myanmar

Thanks for taking the time to write that. Cheers

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Trip Report to Myanmar

Thank you Maneki for all your help, you are a gem and I am so pleased I did this trip.

Cheers

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,084 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Trip Report to Myanmar

So glad to hear it, and I hope you can visit Myanmar agian! :-D

Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Trip Report to Myanmar

Very glad to hear that you had a brilliant and wonderful time in Myanmar.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,008 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Trip Report to Myanmar

Loads of detail,many thanks for posting

SS

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Trip Report to Myanmar

Silverswimmer, Thank you for the kind comments.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My Trip Report to Myanmar

Ko Soe Soe, Thank you very much for your help with my trip otherwise I would have not managed to see so much in short time and also thanks to Pho se your son who is lovely young gentleman and Fatty as well.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
10,995 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Trip Report to Myanmar

Do you have any idea why your cards would not work? What kinds of cards are they? Where did you try to use them?

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: My Trip Report to Myanmar

Very detailed report, no wonder you were templed out!

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My Trip Report to Myanmar

Maryann, My cards are Halifax and Nationwide, I tried it in Mandalay, I used both cards everywhere on my around the world but they were not accepted here but I had plenty of dollars so it was fine.