Hi, I am planning a trip during the last 2 weeks of August. Will be traveling solo and it's my first time visiting Myanmar. It would be great to seek some advice and help to finetune my general itinerary here. Many thanks in advance!
Arrive in Mandalay - 2N
Bagan - 2N
Kalaw - 2N Trekking
Inle - 2N
Exit from Yangon - 2N / Shwedagon Pagoda, Golden Rock (overnight)
1. I'm pretty sure I will have take internal flights cause it's rather tight and I know I want to do Yangon last. But what would be the ideal order to the above?
2. Anybody can comment on which trek to do: Pindaya vs Kalaw? Or any other recommendations?
3. Is the rain going to be a problem for my itinerary? Any place to better avoid?
4. I've read that money changers do accept SGD in Myanmar. Is this true? Same clean, crisp bills needed like USD?
5. Any departure tax at Yangon airport? If yes, how much is it?
Appreciate it much folks. Thanks!