We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Application-please help clear up the confusion!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Visa Application-please help clear up the confusion!

Please may somebody help clear up the confusion around getting a Visa for Myanmar?

I like in the UK and will be travelling to Myanmar (after a two day stopover in KL) on the 13th July. I will be out of the UK from the 14th June on business in France.

I contacted scottsvisa would said they can do it in 5 days, but that would be very close turn around for my business trip (only 6 working days)

I've also seen that i can buy a visa online here : https://www.myanmarvisa.com/

Can anyone help me and give me advice on where i should get my visa from? Do i get it :

1) within the UK and risk it not coming back before my business trip

2) from https://www.myanmarvisa.com/

3) from KL

4) from France (Paris) when i am there?

Please help! stress!!

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
832 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Application-please help clear up the confusion!

For your questions:

1, Myanmar Visa from UK, please check this:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294190-i9408-k4…

2, Make it with www.myanmarvisa.org: very possible but make sure you have enough time as they request 14 working days.

3, From KL, very possible also provided you have time for at least 1 working day.

4, From France where I live, it takes 7 days minimum. I can help you if you have enough time in this case. Please note it is working days meaning that weekend is not counted.

Let me know if you need any help !

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Application-please help clear up the confusion!

Thanks for your reply!

I have emailed a contact in KL so I hope to hear back from them.

I checked my schedule and I don't think I will be able to get a visa in France as I will be travelling flying to the south and will require my passport (I think?). If it takes 5 days, then perfect but not 2 weeks :(

I will keep you updated, and if you hear/think of anything else, please let me know

:)

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,088 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Application-please help clear up the confusion!

Is there some reason why you cannot apply for a visa from the Myanmar embassy in London?

You seem to be scrabbling around among less-than-good solutions to a problem that can easily be solved by following the normal process.

www.myanmarembassylondon.com/#Visa%20Section

4. Re: Visa Application-please help clear up the confusion!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:16