We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intrepid Travel Tours

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
218 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Intrepid Travel Tours

Has anyone had any experience with Intrepid Travel? I am going on one of their tours in August and would love some feedback! Thanks!

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Intrepid Travel Tours

I have just come back from Myanmar and booked some services with them. I would highly recommend them. They let us leave the bags in their office in Yangon while we went sightseeing and were very nice all the time.

We booked some buses and a trekking tour. Of course, when we compared the prices of the buses in any hotel, they were far cheaper, but it was worth the organization. We enjoyed the trekking a lot!

Bannockburn...
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Intrepid Travel Tours

how was your intrepid trip? Doing one in January

Uki, Australia
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Intrepid Travel Tours

Once upon a time when I was time poor I used them a few times and was always happy. Well organised, environmentally and culturally responsible, small groups.

Level Contributor
1 post
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Intrepid Travel Tours

Be very careful : there seem to be 2 Intrepid Travel agencies. One is exclusively from Myanmar, with its agency in Downtown Yangon (http://www.intrepid-travels.com) . I would definitely NOT recommend any of their services. They booked bus and train tickets for us, it first looked efficient and professional but they ended being ineffective, they didn't inform us about travelling by train, booked separated seats, and didn't do anything to make things easy... They even asked us to pay an extra $15 to send us the tickets...

5. Re: Intrepid Travel Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2016, 06:17