We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 week itinerary - and looking for private car/boat sharing

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
72 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
3 week itinerary - and looking for private car/boat sharing

We plan to visit Myanmar for 3 weeks in November. Now flight is booked and we are in the process of searching for hotels and other possible accommodations (couchsurfing...) Below is our planned itinerary. Any comment / suggestion is highly appreciated

D0 2 Nov: arriving Yangon in late evening (23h00)

D1 3 Nov: Yangon - Golden Rock (see the sunset)

D2 4 Nov: Golden Rock - Bago - Yangon

D3 5 Nov: Yangon (mainly visit the pagoda for the festival eve)

D4 6 Nov: Yangon (visit other sights)

D5 7 Nov: Yangon to Sittwe (midday flight booked)

D6 8 Nov: Sittwe to Mrauk U (by boat)

D7 9 Nov: Mrauk U

D8 10 Nov: Mrauk U

D9 11 Nov: Mrauk U - Sittwe - Yangon (take boat to Sittwe then fly to Yangon, flight booked)

D10 12 Nov: Yangon - Inle Lake (morning flight booked)

D11 13 Nov: Inle Lake: boat trip

D12 14 Nov: Inle Lake - Mandalay (morning flight booked)

D13 15 Nov: Mandalay (outskirt)

D14 16 Nov: Mandalay

D15 17 Nov: Mandalay - Bagan (by boat)

D16 - D 19 (18 - 21): Bagan

D20 (22 Nov): Bagan to Yangon (afternoon flight booked)

D21 (23 Nov): Yangon, fly home midnight

Yes we fly a lot, which so far cost around USD 1k for two. We choose to fly as we want to save our time spent on the road and "waste" extra time on each sight. I spent 7 days in Angkor Wat and the last several days I just chose the temples I wanted to visit again and went there with drinks and books.

Here comes some questions:

1, We plan to go to Golden Rock by private car and driver, will stay overnight on the mountain and visit Bago on the way back. Is there anyone interested to share the car?

2, Boat between Sittwe and Mrauk U.

Some posts say that private boat may be possible when arriving the airport. How long does that take? We will arrive Sittwe airport around 3pm. I wonder if it is possible for us to arrive Mrauk U on the same day. How much does a private boat cost? Is there anyone interested to share the boat?

3, any guest house suggestion? - our budget is USD 30 per night. We save money on accommodation as we don't plan to stay in during the day..

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
72 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 week itinerary - and looking for private car/boat sharing

can anyone give me any suggestion?

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 week itinerary - and looking for private car/boat sharing

Hi, Nov month is so many traveller go to Golden Rock Pagoda 2 days trip, include Bago city sightseeing.How many persons? Most of the traveller is hire the whole car, not too expensive.

Some are go by Bus.By bus is can't see Bago.

If I have some traveller same your date , how contact to you.

Yangon 30 $ guest house is Okinawa guest house, Ocean Peal Inn, Beauty Land Hotel , Three season Hotel and etc.,,,

Sittwe to Mrauk U private boat is expensive.

You can go by normal boat , price is cheap.

3. Re: 3 week itinerary - and looking for private car/boat sharing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 05:16