We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiang Mai to Myanmar

Kuala Lumpur
1 post
Save Topic
Chiang Mai to Myanmar

I know that Air Mandalay has operted flights from Chiang Mai to Yangon at peak season(winter) only , but now I cannot find a winter (Oct - April) schedule in Air Mandalay website.

I addtion, Air Mandalay had operted flights from Chiang Mai to Mandalay, but may be that flights were cancelled till now.

I'd like to know that Air Manadaly still flies to Myanmar from Chiang Mai.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
796 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Chiang Mai to Myanmar

I think many people are waiting for this flight route to open again, it would certainly simplify things for people travelling up or across Laos & into Thailand.

You always seem to get the same answer when asking about this flight, 'it may be happening soon, it may not, we're still waiting for a new engine for one of our planes.' Seems like they've been waiting a heck of a long time!!

I know a guy who works for the company, & the truth of the matter is that even he doesn't know for sure whether they'll resume this flight or not, so in the meantime, Bangkok is the closest hop over point.

yangon
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chiang Mai to Myanmar

As per Air Bagan announcement , they will start fly from January 7 , every Thursday and Sunday to Yangon-Chiang Mai-Yangon.

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chiang Mai to Myanmar

That's what I read about Air Bagan's Chaing Mai flight.

There will be 2 flights a week to Chaing Mai on every Thursday and Sunday.

Period, from 07 JAN 2010 to 29 APR 2010

RGN – CNX, flight No. W9 9607, ETD 12:00, ETA 13:30 CNX – RGN, flight No. W9 9608, ETD 14:30, ETA 15:00

( THUR / SUN ) only

Air Fare

Round Trip 14Days FEC 236

One way FEC 140

For the first flight on 7th Jan, you can get a special discount of Round trip 14DaysFEC 217(RGN to CNX Fixed Date and CNX to RGN can change travel date), One way FEC 130(Fixed Date).

Please check Air Bagan for more details.

4. Re: Chiang Mai to Myanmar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2010, 05:18